Singing section/Atmosphere

my twapenneth;

there are 2 things i can see that will help:

1. remove pre-fabbed atmosphere stuff - flag wavers, tannoy songs, switching off the lights with a bluemoon, even 1894 group (and i admire their effort) - all of that shit creates an expectation in the ground that atmosphere will be MADE FOR YOU. More and more people just expect the noise to come 'from somewhere'.

2. i can see the merit of a standing section for atmosphere, to create a block of like minded fans who want to stand. There is always a healthy section of fans at the ground who might not sing unless people around them are, i was definitely one of them i'm sad to say. The negative is it just plays into the above point, everyone expects the standing section to make the noise.

Maine Road often was, in fact sometimes it was positively toxic.

If you want it to be better, then sing more, and louder.

The issue with the singing section, as I've said many times on here, is its in the wrong place. In SS3 we can't hardly ever hear it , if you were up there you would be far louder, you'd have a better view, and it'd be cheaper too :-) win, win, win.
We've had confirmation from the club that we wouldn't be able to persistently stand in SSL3.

Unfortunately it's not as easy as just upping the singing section and moving! It would be nice if we could trial it in different places but then people would cry off about being moved from there seat they've sat in since it was bolted into the concrete!

There's probably a lot of people who're getting frustrated, blaming other people etc.

Everyone in the family section thinks the South stand should start songs off, family stand never joins in, kippax corner are too bothered about arguing with away fans, south stand level 3 is half empty cause tickets are so cheap, Colin Bell fans are all asleep or tucking into their half time quiche.

I'd imagine a lot of people reading this are actually singers and try to get it going. It's about getting the 'masses' to sing.

1894 are ALWAYS trying to improve the atmosphere. We try and do displays, banners, sing on the concourse, encourage people to get in early, sing non stop for 90 minutes (even if no one joins in), organise singing sections. We even go and meet the club on a regular basis to try and get them thinking in an atmospheric way. YOU CAN LEAD A HORSE TO WATER BUT YOU CAN'T FORCE IT TO DRINK!

We are constantly looking for more help as there is only so much we can do.

If you genuinely want to improve the atmosphere and put influence it towards an atmosphere you want... GET INVOLVED.

There is a singing section organised against Basel. You can get tickets in it, or relocate to it by putting your details in this form: https://www.1894groupmcfc.co.uk/singingsection/

There's probably a lot of people who're getting frustrated, blaming other people etc.

Everyone in the family section thinks the South stand should start songs off, family stand never joins in, kippax corner are too bothered about arguing with away fans, south stand level 3 is half empty cause tickets are so cheap, Colin Bell fans are all asleep or tucking into their half time quiche.

I'd imagine a lot of people reading this are actually singers and try to get it going. It's about getting the 'masses' to sing.

1894 are ALWAYS trying to improve the atmosphere. We try and do displays, banners, sing on the concourse, encourage people to get in early, sing non stop for 90 minutes (even if no one joins in), organise singing sections. We even go and meet the club on a regular basis to try and get them thinking in an atmospheric way. YOU CAN LEAD A HORSE TO WATER BUT YOU CAN'T FORCE IT TO DRINK!

We are constantly looking for more help as there is only so much we can do.

If you genuinely want to improve the atmosphere and put influence it towards an atmosphere you want... GET INVOLVED.

There is a singing section organised against Basel. You can get tickets in it, or relocate to it by putting your details in this form: https://www.1894groupmcfc.co.uk/singingsection/

This is what annoys me about 1894 group. I sit in the family and we do actually join in! Unfortunately its not enough people who do!

But the group itself think they’re the be all and end all of the atmosphere at the ground and think they’re better than they are when in fact it’s shite! Mottos written on bed sheets, big headed twats on metro thinking they’re hard as fuck. Don’t remind me when you walked through the shopping centre at Wembley ffs

This is what annoys me about 1894 group. I sit in the family and we do actually join in! Unfortunately its not enough people who do!

But the group itself think they’re the be all and end all of the atmosphere at the ground and think they’re better than they are when in fact it’s shite! Mottos written on bed sheets, big headed twats on metro thinking they’re hard as fuck. Don’t remind me when you walked through the shopping centre at Wembley ffs

Please elaborate. This is a new one on me. As for the Wembley business, whatever one's opinion hundreds of fans joined in regardless so I don't know what your issue is.

As for the rest of your post, it just sums up the issue with our fanbase - some are only too happy to slate those who put the time and effort into trying to improve things. 1894 isn't beyond criticism and has never claimed to be, and we've always said that anyone with any issues is free to contact the group via social media or just come and have a wander round to our section on a match day for a chat. In fact, we've thrown open the doors in the past and invited fans from all over the stadium to have their say - we had a public meeting prior to the Spurs home game last season but only a couple of dozen or so people turned up to air their views. We'll probably be doing it again at some point soon though so keep an eye out on Twitter and FB. However, it needs to be made clear that if you're going to resort to abuse rather than constructive criticism then you can take it elsewhere. I wouldn't mind but many of the negative posts about the family stand on this thread have come from people who are in no way associated with 1894. You've just taken M33's point too literally - we know for a fact that there are people in the family stand that join in and no-one is claiming that absolutely nobody in that section does but by and large it's not a section that is conducive to creating an atmosphere as you've alluded to yourself. Instead of seeing your arse with 1894 about that, why not take aim at those around you who can't be arsed joining in with you? Talk about aiming at the wrong target.

I think a lot of people are just getting older and cant be bothered singing any more. I am one of them. I just like watching the game and sitting now. Had to stand against Burnley and didn't particularly enjoy it. The songs don't get the whole crowd going either. The Poznan used to, Were not really here used to. not so much now.

I think there is also the usual fear factor of us messing things up so people are on edge rather than enjoying it.

We don't think we're better than we are, but we're the ONLY people actually doing something about the atmosphere. We put the hours in, we're the people who try and start songs off, we include other fans, we design/paint/set up displays, we go through the meetings with the club, get in the ground 2 hours before kick off etc... but yeah, we annoy typicalcity in the family stand... well so what?

We've put the ground work in for 5 years and got it to what it is now. You say we think we're the 'be all and end all of the atmosphere at the ground', well who else is doing anything about it? Please elaborate on your point? The reason I'm encouraging people to get involved through us is because we already have the infrastructure with the club/media/fans that one or two lads on their own can't create over night. Right now we are the best vehicle to improve the atmosphere at City. If you think there is another person or group who can do more, or be more affective than us, then good luck to you, honestly, all I want is a good atmosphere, and I actually do something about it rather than having a go at other people on bluemoon.

Oh dear.

Do it yourself then.

Either that or shut the **** up!

In your own time.

Raise funds.
Design and order banners from Poland costing £100's.(not bed sheets)
Design and set up displays.
Organise fan relocations with the club.(Basel at home)
Get in the ground early and leave work early to do displays.
Go to meetings with the club. Security, Directors.
Etc.

Rather than criticizing us, why don't you join us and help us instead?

Last edited:
So you think displays like this one happen all by themselves?
And as we get further into the CL, the displays will get bigger and better.
And I can guarantee you there will be a derby day display.

1894_display.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.