Singing section/Atmosphere

There's probably a lot of people who're getting frustrated, blaming other people etc.

Everyone in the family section thinks the South stand should start songs off, family stand never joins in, kippax corner are too bothered about arguing with away fans, south stand level 3 is half empty cause tickets are so cheap, Colin Bell fans are all asleep or tucking into their half time quiche.

I'd imagine a lot of people reading this are actually singers and try to get it going. It's about getting the 'masses' to sing.

1894 are ALWAYS trying to improve the atmosphere. We try and do displays, banners, sing on the concourse, encourage people to get in early, sing non stop for 90 minutes (even if no one joins in), organise singing sections. We even go and meet the club on a regular basis to try and get them thinking in an atmospheric way. YOU CAN LEAD A HORSE TO WATER BUT YOU CAN'T FORCE IT TO DRINK!

We are constantly looking for more help as there is only so much we can do.

If you genuinely want to improve the atmosphere and put influence it towards an atmosphere you want... GET INVOLVED.

There is a singing section organised against Basel. You can get tickets in it, or relocate to it by putting your details in this form: https://www.1894groupmcfc.co.uk/singingsection/
Oh dear.

Do it yourself then.

Either that or shut the **** up!

In your own time.

Raise funds.
Design and order banners from Poland costing £100's.(not bed sheets)
Design and set up displays.
Organise fan relocations with the club.(Basel at home)
Get in the ground early and leave work early to do displays.
Go to meetings with the club. Security, Directors.
Etc.

Rather than criticizing us, why don't you join us and help us instead?
Tbf he's every right to have a pop at the guy and you too. Is that all you do have a go at City fans and which stand they are in for not singing? Your not doing yourself any favours mouthing off so i suggest its you who should wind your fuckin neck in.

Last edited:
I think some people/ sections really try but others in the ground can't always hear it. I know is it's a crap idea but if it could be 'assisted/ channelled 'in some way so others could hear it and join in it may help. However in the top of the East stand, even if it was blasted over the tannoy, like Hey Jude, no too many would join in.

Oh dear.

Do it yourself then.

Either that or shut the **** up!

In your own time.

Raise funds.
Design and order banners from Poland costing £100's.(not bed sheets)
Design and set up displays.
Organise fan relocations with the club.(Basel at home)
Get in the ground early and leave work early to do displays.
Go to meetings with the club. Security, Directors.
Etc.

Rather than criticizing us, why don't you join us and help us instead?

And while he's putting all his time and effort into that, let's not forget he also needs to find the time to get involved with all the other stuff that has happened on our watch:

Getting Premier League away tickets down to £30 as a result of a co-ordinated campaign with the Football Supporters Federation and other fan groups up and down the country
The ongoing "Legalise Safestanding" campaign where our banner has toured the country and has been loaned used by numerous fan groups
Lobbying the club about what we thought was excessive pricing - a mindset which many on here were in agreement with - for the Champions League quarter-final against PSG, the direct result of which was cheaper pricing for the semi-final against Real Madrid
Having a presence at the FSF annual summit each summer, regardless of whether it's in Manchester, at Wembley Stadium, or at St.George's Park
Having a presence at the FSF North West division "Clubs in Crisis" meeting in Blackpool and supporting the fan groups of Blackpool, Blackburn, and Bolton in their ongoing battles with the ownership battles with their respective clubs

I'm sure typicalcity will find the time to accomodate all the above. Then again, we shouldn't take his criticism too seriously - one look at Red Cafe and you can see numerous whoppers slating MUST, despite all the work they do

Tbf he's every right to have a pop at the guy and you too. Is that all you do have a go at City fans and which stand they are in? Your not doing yourself any favours mouthing off. So i suggest its you who should wind your fuckin neck in.

I think you should wind yours in to be honest. "Having a go" at City fans and which stand they are in isn't all we do - indeed, much of our time is channelled into doing productive things rather than responding to every jibe - and if anything we're far more critical of some of the fans in our own section who can't be arsed singing rather than the family stand or wherever. That comment of typicalcity's was just a vitriolic rant against 1894 because a poster dared to say what most fans think about the family stand's contribution to the overall atmosphere - his response was the type of shit you often see from keyboard warriors, who when challenged can't back it up. We see it all the time but all M33, jrb, and myself have done is clarify a few points and try to explain just how much time, effort, and cost goes into doing what we do. If you think that's out of order - us responding to an abusive poster - then fair enough but you and him are always free to step out from behind your keyboard, and come round to our section, have a chat, and get a few things off your chest.

I think you should wind yours in to be honest. "Having a go" at City fans and which stand they are in isn't all we do - indeed, much of our time is channelled into doing productive things rather than responding to every jibe - and if anything we're far more critical of some of the fans in our own section who can't be arsed singing rather than the family stand or wherever. That comment of typicalcity's was just a vitriolic rant against 1894 because a poster dared to say what most fans think about the family stand's contribution to the overall atmosphere - his response was the type of shit you often see from keyboard warriors, who when challenged can't back it up. We see it all the time but all M33, jrb, and myself have done is clarify a few points and try to explain just how much time, effort, and cost goes into doing what we do. If you think that's out of order - us responding to an abusive poster - then fair enough but you and him are always free to step out from behind your keyboard, and come round to our section, have a chat, and get a few things off your chest.
Fuckin lol. Like i said you don't do yourself any favours. And as for your last paragraph well that confirms everything I already fuckin knew. Deary me.

Fuckin lol. Like i said you don't do yourself any favours. And as for your last paragraph well that confirms everything I already fuckin knew. Deary me.

Actually it's weapons like you who don't do yourselves any favours and you've just proved it with that response. I'd already stated in an earlier post that the door is always open and you can contact us in multiple ways but you've taken it completely the wrong way. Deary me.

Tbf he's every right to have a pop at the guy and you too. Is that all you do have a go at City fans and which stand they are in for not singing? Your not doing yourself any favours mouthing off so i suggest its you who should wind your fuckin neck in.

Wait a minute. Who started this? Did I abuse those in the Family stand? No I didn't. Yet he has the nerve (and so do you) to criticize and abuse 1894 becuause in his opinion he thinks.......

Rather than doing that, why doesn't he help us? We're always looking for other City fans to give us a hand. Perhaps if he helped us for the remainder if the season, he'd realize what's involved.

You're welcome to help as well.

To be honest I've just re-read my post and it was meant to say 'South standers say family stand never joins in'. I can understand why it was interpreted as a dig at the family stand though, although I felt that part of my post was clearly tongue in cheek.

My point is that the entire stadium needs to up it's game. There's no point blaming people and doing nothing yourself. The person who replied to me is fine to say what they want, we're on a forum and everyone gets to share their say. I should also be able to respond. What I completely disagree with, though, is this concept that 1894 are some form of a problem as opposed to a solution. We do so much for the atmosphere, we have put in the hardwork and will continue to do so moving forwards. As M18CTID pointed out we also do loads of work to improve football as a whole, we campaign for City fans and have influenced some positive results for football fans in general - that's before you look at the charity work we've done. So to be resorted to as a bunch of idiots who go looking for fights on the tram is unfair.

This is literally a thread full of people moaning and complaining about the atmosphere. I've put a link in the thread to give people an opportunity to involve themselves in the solution.

Wait a minute. Who started this? Did I abuse those in the Family stand? No I didn't. Yet he has the nerve (and so do you) to criticize and abuse 1894 becuause in his opinion he thinks.......

Rather than doing that, why doesn't he help us? We're always looking for other City fans to give us a hand. Perhaps if he helped us for the remainder if the season, he'd realize what's involved.

You're welcomed to help as well.

Wow chaps.

We all know that the singing section is to be the starting point of the atmosphere and we all know 1894 are trying to get it going and are key to that.

I have learnt something in this thread in that I never knew lots of people relocated when prices went up so that may be a reason its a bit quieter nowadays.

It was not too long ago the south stand used to chant to the "kippax"give us a song and the "family stand" give us a song and those taunts were returned.

we would all do the Poznan or have a chant that got things going that we all joined in. I am not sure what it is these days - "we are not really here" gets everyone going - now its "come on city", we need a bit more - a new song - guardiola is a good one but mainly song at away games with force. - bluemoon really is the song for the end of a game. .

I am in the family stand and we love joining in when the atmosphere builds - honest we do! we are never going to start a chant that gets the ground jumping but we join in - its full of kids they love singing along.

I agree with you though having a pop at 1894 who are trying to get it going isn't the answer , but neither is singing songs about edin dzeko?!

anyway I think this thread recognises that its a bit quiet and we all need to have a couple more beers and get behind the boys. we need to get that guard of honour for when utd come to the ground.

ha ha

You're welcomed to help as well.
Well do you know what that's a better response than what the other fuckin moron posted, I just thought M33 had a few digs to many at certain stands/fans. I've actually no problem with what you do and fair fucks to you as its a thankless task. It's hard to get folk singing and ive tried myself from the tier above you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.