Singing section/Atmosphere

To be honest I've just re-read my post and it was meant to say 'South standers say family stand never joins in'. I can understand why it was interpreted as a dig at the family stand though, although I felt that part of my post was clearly tongue in cheek.

My point is that the entire stadium needs to up it's game. There's no point blaming people and doing nothing yourself. The person who replied to me is fine to say what they want, we're on a forum and everyone gets to share their say. I should also be able to respond. What I completely disagree with, though, is this concept that 1894 are some form of a problem as opposed to a solution. We do so much for the atmosphere, we have put in the hardwork and will continue to do so moving forwards. As M18CTID pointed out we also do loads of work to improve football as a whole, we campaign for City fans and have influenced some positive results for football fans in general - that's before you look at the charity work we've done. So to be resorted to as a bunch of idiots who go looking for fights on the tram is unfair.

This is literally a thread full of people moaning and complaining about the atmosphere. I've put a link in the thread to give people an opportunity to involve themselves in the solution.
No probs mate. I'll have a look.

Well do you know what that's a better response than what the other fuckin moron posted, I just thought M33 had a few digs to many at certain stands/fans. I've actually no problem with what you do and fair fucks to you as its a thankless task. It's hard to get folk singing and ive tried myself from the tier above you.

Pah! I've been called worse so I'll let that one slide

To be honest I've just re-read my post and it was meant to say 'South standers say family stand never joins in'. I can understand why it was interpreted as a dig at the family stand though, although I felt that part of my post was clearly tongue in cheek.

My point is that the entire stadium needs to up it's game. There's no point blaming people and doing nothing yourself. The person who replied to me is fine to say what they want, we're on a forum and everyone gets to share their say. I should also be able to respond. What I completely disagree with, though, is this concept that 1894 are some form of a problem as opposed to a solution. We do so much for the atmosphere, we have put in the hardwork and will continue to do so moving forwards. As M18CTID pointed out we also do loads of work to improve football as a whole, we campaign for City fans and have influenced some positive results for football fans in general - that's before you look at the charity work we've done. So to be resorted to as a bunch of idiots who go looking for fights on the tram is unfair.

This is literally a thread full of people moaning and complaining about the atmosphere. I've put a link in the thread to give people an opportunity to involve themselves in the solution.

Indeed. We're far more likely to break up a fight than start one (jousting sessions on BM aside). This notion that we're Blazing Squad 2.0 couldn't be further from the truth and we have a good relationship with numerous other fan groups which is how it should be because when it comes to various football-related campaigns, it's far better to tackle as a collective rather than individually.

Reproaches won't have any positive influence on what all of us want, a great atmosphere.
You should avoid a discussion about "the better supporter". It's useless and dangerous.
Atmosphere is easy to join in, but difficult to get started.
As @Manchester33 said, it's about getting the "masses" to sing.

So you have to combine forces. Stand together, or sit together and stand up. You have to stand up, that's obvious.
Sitting is a passive body language. If you want to have a go you have to stand up. Do you?

You need easy and repeatable chants and shouts.
Not too exhaustive, thinking about the aging fanbase.
To spread your chants, try to upload high quality videos on YT including lyrics and also on Bluemoon of course!
There are some already, but some songs (Posh Spice e.g.) are a no go, others are of poor quality or not up to date.

IF you have a critical/chain-reacting mass loud enough, you can start addressing other stands (or other parts of your own stand first!) to simply repeat your shouts or chants as kind of alternate singing, to involve more people. It's fun.
They'll get a booo until they respond and be rewarded by a big YEAH and/or applause.
Don't stop trying until it gets going!! It works.

Most important is, combine your forces.
Then more and more people will join in.

Btw I have issues with a couple of guys in the group, I’d love it if you were one of them. Don’t know his name but young lad with short blonde hair waves one of the flags in the south stand and before the spurs game was chanting songs on the tray about gassing and Jews etc. Other guy I have a problem with is a older bloke, bald I remember seeing him at Watford at the front. Turning round trying to get the crowd going and getting pissed off and mouthing off.

Btw please stop singing the dzeko song makes no sense whatsoever, we score a goal and that’s the chant that gets started, somehow most of the south sing it as well! Loudest it gets is when that song is sung ffs

I’d like to see other stands get involved I know you say Kippax give us a song etc etc but how about saying north stand or even west stand for Colin bell? Just something to maybe get a group singing then who knows??

I think what the 1894 have been doing is great. At least somebody is making a concerted effort to improve things as it really does feel stagnant and even a bit embarrassing at home games nowadays. Also Like Kompany said recently, a positive and noisy home atmosphere really does translate into points and help the team succeed. One really simple thing that I think has a massive effect on getting songs going at the Etihad is how we always seem to try and create 'clever' or 'amusing' songs that are just too long winded. For example The Zabaletta song, the YAYA pay him some more song, the Pelligrini Lamborghini song, even the Guardiola song. Yes they do work well with our away fans who keep them going or to be used now and again but at home they just drop off too quickly. Even Bluemoon only does round the stadium 2 or 3 times before it tails off. It's rare that everyone who joins in will sing a song through more than once, they all just seem to tail off too quickly. I think we need to introduce more 'chants' rather than songs if that makes sense. Short repetitive chants that people will get involved in, carry on and help create a consistent and loud atmosphere. Does that make sense? Look at most away fans that come to our place, they will carry on a short chant for 10 15 minutes sometimes and if nothing else at least they are making themselves heard and generating an atmosphere between the more long winded songs. Just an idea anyway.

I’d like to see other stands get involved I know you say Kippax give us a song etc etc but how about saying north stand or even west stand for Colin bell? Just something to maybe get a group singing then who knows??

Yeah, what would happen in the South stand started - "family stand give us a song, family stand family stand give us a song",

we might come back to the south stand with

"You're not singing anymore....."

sorry just trying to lighten the thread...

Btw I have issues with a couple of guys in the group, I’d love it if you were one of them. Don’t know his name but young lad with short blonde hair waves one of the flags in the south stand and before the spurs game was chanting songs on the tray about gassing and Jews etc. Other guy I have a problem with is a older bloke, bald I remember seeing him at Watford at the front. Turning round trying to get the crowd going and getting pissed off and mouthing off.

Btw please stop singing the dzeko song makes no sense whatsoever, we score a goal and that’s the chant that gets started, somehow most of the south sing it as well! Loudest it gets is when that song is sung ffs

There's nobody of that description who is part of the 1894 set-up. There are plenty of fans in the section who pick up one of the many bin flags and give it a wave though so it could be one of those. It might've been an idea to report it at the time but rest assured if we witness anything like that we'll be onto it.

Don't worry about the bald twat at Watford - I'll be having words with him

I think what the 1894 have been doing is great. At least somebody is making a concerted effort to improve things as it really does feel stagnant and even a bit embarrassing at home games nowadays. Also Like Kompany said recently, a positive and noisy home atmosphere really does translate into points and help the team succeed. One really simple thing that I think has a massive effect on getting songs going at the Etihad is how we always seem to try and create 'clever' or 'amusing' songs that are just too long winded. For example The Zabaletta song, the YAYA pay him some more song, the Pelligrini Lamborghini song, even the Guardiola song. Yes they do work well with our away fans who keep them going or to be used now and again but at home they just drop off too quickly. Even Bluemoon only does round the stadium 2 or 3 times before it tails off. It's rare that everyone who joins in will sing a song through more than once, they all just seem to tail off too quickly. I think we need to introduce more 'chants' rather than songs if that makes sense. Short repetitive chants that people will get involved in, carry on and help create a consistent and loud atmosphere. Does that make sense? Look at most away fans that come to our place, they will carry on a short chant for 10 15 minutes sometimes and if nothing else at least they are making themselves heard and generating an atmosphere between the more long winded songs. Just an idea anyway.

I agree with most of your post but the correlation between points and atmosphere is unproven. We have won all of our home games in every competition bar one where we had 10 men for most of the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.