Bristol City (Carabao Cup SF) Post Match Thread

Right, just got to say that David Silva has to be the best player I've ever seen live. An absolute class apart tonight and I don't think he misplaced a pass once. Tore our defence to shreds positionally, forced the whole back line to pivot around him such was his speed and dribbling ability, even outside of the box.

De Bruyne as well, glides around the pitch and the ball just sticks to him. Has pace, strength, vision, just popped up everywhere. Comfortably the best midfielder on the planet.

Good luck in the final, and I do actually mean that. Of all of the "big sides" I find your lot the most bearable, your Arsenals and Chelseas tend to be really fucking arrogant and constantly expect success.

Those two are indeed a pleasure to watch, as is our team as a whole.

Good luck in your push for promotion. I imagine results in the next three games (QPR, Bolton, and Sunderland) will go some way in determining how successful you will be.

Agree 100% pep went 6 or eight games without a win last year. We already have league won in Jan. We could virtually have the double in bag mathematically by 25th Feb. If the moaners look back at their posts in May and we have just completed a quadruple they are gonna look tits....

Majestic this season keep it up . Keep up your search for perfection in everything you attempt to do.
No we don’t. Still a long way to go.

Twice before 12 pt leads (one in Jan, one in Feb) have been thrown away in the Prem.

Congratulations on getting to the Final

Simply - The best side I’ve ever seen play against us in nigh on 50 years (A view agreed amongst many around me) and despite coming off second best it was still a privlige to see some of those players grace Ashton Gate ( And some of yours weren’t too bad lol )

Just proud that we gave it a go and proud of our players and coaching staff - we weren’t at our sharpest / best tonight but I put that largely down to being victims of the best and relentless pressing I’ve ever seen and then the problem of trying to regain possession without being cut open !!!

So many players that make the game look ridiculously easy

besides the obvious World Class In Aguero KDB And Silva I thought Fernandinho made a massive difference tonight and seeing him live confirmed to me that I see him as instrumental to you as some of the more obvious stars

(Also thought Walker showed what a class and potent full back he is , and made another significant difference from the first leg , and stood out in his class and athleticism)

Hope you keep winning trophies and keep,those arrogant red neighbours in their place
You played better than most Premier League teams we face on a weekly basis. Your Manager comes over as a class act and I thought your team was well drilled and showed a great deal of heart. The atmosphere looked brilliant last night. Good luck with promotion.

Our defence has become worrying. Been a goal a game at least for past few games, most of the time through our defensive errors.
Stones confidence looks shot and he doesn't look fit or convincing, he has now cost us 4 goals since he came back. He needs benching while he sorts himself out, far too casual for a central defender at the moment.

Right, just got to say that David Silva has to be the best player I've ever seen live. An absolute class apart tonight and I don't think he misplaced a pass once. Tore our defence to shreds positionally, forced the whole back line to pivot around him such was his speed and dribbling ability, even outside of the box.

De Bruyne as well, glides around the pitch and the ball just sticks to him. Has pace, strength, vision, just popped up everywhere. Comfortably the best midfielder on the planet.

Good luck in the final, and I do actually mean that. Of all of the "big sides" I find your lot the most bearable, your Arsenals and Chelseas tend to be really fucking arrogant and constantly expect success.
Thanks mate, nice post. I believe we are more bearable, we are actually likeable. Its the media that wants everyone to hate us, and there is absolutely no reason for that. As a club we clearly values around respect and conduct and this is taken into account in recruitment. We dont buy any assholes and wouldnt stand for anyone would act like one. Never a scandal or drama, always respectful. We are a team of nice lads. We have a couple of lads there in their early 20s, one from Ukraine in Zinchenko and Barnardo Silva from Portugal both of whom speak word perfect eloquent English in a way that a 40yr old from England named Rio Ferdinand can only dream of.
To play for City, you have to act like an ambassador for the club and they have all bought into it.
Dont really get why we have to be shown as the bad guys when we are the total opposite; I think if more clubs in the PL followed our lead it would be to the benefit of English football.

It’s absolutely staggering. The criticism this team gets on this forum is a disgrace. I’m not sure what else they can do to be honest. In all competitions this season our record is: P36 W30 D4 L2. Goals scored 96 Goals against 29. I suppose when it’s laid out like that you can see that we’ve been pretty average at best............
Bluemoon has a lot of posters, who if they won $5M on the lottery, would complain if it was paid with £20's rather than £50's.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.