Aymeric Laporte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I get that and I don't particularly mind us being hated, it's inevitable if you're successful I think. It's the blatant bollocks, the lies that get peddled and stick that annoy me. Stuff like the emptihad bollocks and as someone else said, the idea that we are being funded by Mansour which hasn't been true for years. I was reading a couple of articles by Newcastle fans and both of them seemed to suggest that our support are a completely different set of people than it was 20 years ago. Now I think our support behaves differently these days (I think there are various reasons for that) but the idea that we had an average attendance of 40 odd thousand for years before the takeover and now they have all gone away and been replaced by tourists and "plastic" fans seems such a ludicrous idea that I assumed nobody would actually believe it and it was just said to annoy us. But reading this stuff, they definitely believed it. It's similar to the "where were you" chants we get. I always assumed fans knew it was an unfair accusation but sang it knowing it would really wind us up but I honestly think it has now become another "truth" amongst opposition fans, that we weren't there when we were shit. I think we are one of the few sets of supporters who really cannot be accused of that, unlike Newcastle fans who completely abandoned their club many years ago. Basically, I get annoyed by utter stupidity.

Loved the one on Tuesday "Where were you on Friday night " :) :)

Yeah, I get that and I don't particularly mind us being hated, it's inevitable if you're successful I think. It's the blatant bollocks, the lies that get peddled and stick that annoy me. Stuff like the emptihad bollocks and as someone else said, the idea that we are being funded by Mansour which hasn't been true for years. I was reading a couple of articles by Newcastle fans and both of them seemed to suggest that our support are a completely different set of people than it was 20 years ago. Now I think our support behaves differently these days (I think there are various reasons for that) but the idea that we had an average attendance of 40 odd thousand for years before the takeover and now they have all gone away and been replaced by tourists and "plastic" fans seems such a ludicrous idea that I assumed nobody would actually believe it and it was just said to annoy us. But reading this stuff, they definitely believed it. It's similar to the "where were you" chants we get. I always assumed fans knew it was an unfair accusation but sang it knowing it would really wind us up but I honestly think it has now become another "truth" amongst opposition fans, that we weren't there when we were shit. I think we are one of the few sets of supporters who really cannot be accused of that, unlike Newcastle fans who completely abandoned their club many years ago. Basically, I get annoyed by utter stupidity.
My favourite was the gormless Everton fans chant of "You've got no history" and our brilliant reply: "You've got no future." I think it is just a generational thing to be honest. Most of the modern-day social media fanboys don't attend matches and are ignorant about football in general. I also remember young Blackburn fans chanting: "Have you ever won the league?" The "where were you when you were shit" chant is bizarre because in truth we haven't been shit since the days before Keegan and Royle.

The depth we will have in this squad if we land Laporte and Fred is potentially frightening.

Goalkeepers: Ederson, Bravo, Gunn,

Defenders: Walker, Danilo, Otamendi, Kompany, Stones, Laporte, Mendy, Delph,

Midfielders: Fernandinho, Fred, Silva, KDB, Gundogan, Foden, Bernardo

Attackers: Aguero, Jesus, Sterling, Sane, Diaz, (New ST)

Would like to see Gunn and Maffeo take Bravo and Danilo's spot

Sancho should be taking that FW spot. Damn shame

He is pure quality! He will surprise many on this forum to how good he actually is. Look how much Otamendi has improved under Pep, this kid is already very talented and with Pep teaching him, I truly believe we are signing a defender of Kompany calibre.

It's great!

Even after United signed Sanchez on 400k a week, their fans are now scrambling around for comparisons and excuses now we're about to sign Laporte.

Just remind them what big mouth Neville Tweeted the other day.

"Go and get him United!"
Utd buying Sanchez on half a million a week wages must be very embarrassing for many people.

When Mendy is fit, I can see us playing 3 at the back with Mendy and Walker at wing back and Sane down the middle

Would that work? All about options.

If laporte works out, there aren't many obvious weaknesses left in this squad. We should be a formidable team. Jesus needs to step up when he gets fit. That is one area of the team that needs to improve. I am confident that Sane or Jesus will do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.