What teams did people at your school support?

3 way split between city, rags and Oldham at my school

But as was typical I expect in most schools in the early to mid 80’s....all the cool fuckers were blue

Beaver road didsbury - 90 percent blue and most lads I know lifelong fans still over 30 years later.

There were two types of supporter at the schools i went to.

Those who never went to games and generally 'supported' whoever the most successful team at the time was and those that did go to games and supported Bolton.

Even a couple of the teachers were season ticket holders at Burnden.

High school in the 00s near Warrington, mostly United or Liverpool.

Blues were like rocking horse shit. I don't recall any others that actually went to games

A few were Toffees / Villa etc. Also a big Chester fan who I went to some games with when I wasn't at City.

I went Ambrose Barlow in Swinton from 99 til 04, it was full of rags, Sean Tse who was with our youth team for a couple of years was a few years below me, he was a rag, and so were most of the lads there, think we had one Scouser and a handful of blues there. I've stated in a previous thread, being in Salford, it was full of rags at their most arrogant.

Gorton was split ...Loads of mental City ....loads of reds too though.

Poor ****s got ambushed at the Lake Hotel a lot

I'm from south Manchester - went primary school in Davyhulme and that was about 80/20 in favour of United. My secondary school, St. Ambrose in Hale Barns, was about the same. There was a few Liverpool fans in my secondary school too.

I often found myself the only blue in classes/groups etc. I also remember training with flixton juniors and storming out when I was about ten cos they were splitting the two teams up into blue and red for a match (as in shirt colours, not teams) and they asked me to go on the red team - cos they had no red bibs left they told me to put on someone's United shirt. I refused and the gobshite coach said I had to. I was a kid - kicked up a fuss and told my dad I wanted to go home. Quite proud of my stubborness.

I remember in training with my Sunday league teams that it was mainly reds too with the odd blue scattered about. That was the early to mid 90s though I guess when United had started winning things again.

Last edited:
Grew up in Gorton and went to old hall drive primary school. There was about 5 of us out of 15 in my class who were blues, the rest were reds. At Wright Robbie, I'd go as far and say that there were more blues than reds in all year groups. The majority of my year were blues and match going. The rest were either rags, arsenal fans, Liverpool fans and there was one evertonian. I know a few who went to cedar mount and from what they said there were more blues than reds. St Peters high school had more rags though.

I remember in high school convincing my polish mate to support city when he moved Manchester. Took him to his first game and he fell in love ever since. He's moved back now and he still watches us, despite also supporting his local team legia warsaw.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.