What teams did people at your school support?

There was the odd county fan around Heaton Moor but it was pretty much 50/50 apart from that (except for little Onion Head who supported liverpool) .

The kids that went to games were City fans and those that mouthed off and never went were rags.

Then you always had the rebellious Didsbury kids who dressed like Dr Dre and supported Arsenal or Liverpool.

Bury Grammar School mid 80s. Mostly rags, followed by Liverpool, then City and a few Bury in my year. None of the Liverpool "fans" went to matches, about a third of the rags but virtually all the City lads went to games. In terms of match going fans, City edged it.

The lads at my school (Chorlton GS) in the 60s seemed to be pretty well split between City and United and most were matchgoers but interestingly at a reunion about 12 years ago there was a show of hands and most of those in attendance were City fans. The majority were still matchgoers but none of the United fans went any more. And that was when City were still shit and United were still winning trophies.

St Anne's Stockport ,in our class there were 2 blues ,in our year ,about 10 city fans , the rest were Utd and a few county !

Knutsford high 50/50 my final year was mainly blue 1 or 2 red dippers, good times in the 70s great banter in school

Started at Wilbraham in 66 when it first opened and most of the kids were City fans. I went to Ossie Rd juniors in Chorlton before that, and I don't remember any kids claiming to be City or Utd fans, although we used to play football every playtime.

Last edited:
There was the odd county fan around Heaton Moor but it was pretty much 50/50 apart from that (except for little Onion Head who supported liverpool) .

In Heaton Moor we're all into Rugger and Polo. Only the oiks follow Soccer and they were mainly City and United, barring family teams.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.