Andy Burnham

Presumably you also feel Noel Bayley of Bert Trautmann's Helmet is a self serving fucker.

If he has had the same career as Burnham and earnt as much for doing very little then yeah but he hasn't has he?

Huge difference between grass roots activists and councillors and career bods like Burnham as well you know mate.

Haha Damo, Andy’s Fan Boy. What about him flooding Government Deoartment with consultants. Is that what you pay our taxes for?

I have no idea. I have no idea what they did, what the circumstances were, and what measurable improvements or decreases in service there were.

Because I'm not a fucking idiot who sees the word "consultant" and scoffs like it's somehow a pointless or worthless job. I don't gatekeep work because that doesn't make any sense.

If he has had the same career as Burnham and earnt as much for doing very little then yeah but he hasn't has he?

Huge difference between grass roots activists and councillors and career bods like Burnham as well you know mate.

Andy Burnham was a grass roots activist and still is.

Doesn't your line feel completely arbitrary?

A member of Labour's PR staff removed false claims from a Wikipedia article.

The second one literally never happened at all.

Rubbish. I distinctly remember Burnham defending it on Granada news saying one his staff had done it without his knowledge! And offering a typical mealy mouthed apology as is the way with politicians.

Presumably you also feel Noel Bayley of Bert Trautmann's Helmet is a self serving fucker.

Andy Burnham was a grass roots activist and still is.

Doesn't your line feel completely arbitrary?

Im sorry mate but i cant bundle someone who has earnt through a political career what Burnham has and continues to do with a grass root activist.

I also dont feel that £110,000 a year for a Mayor is money well spent or necessary given he is a part of a council made up of another 10 council leaders and the salaries they command whilst people face stringent cuts to services at every corner.

That is a hell of a lot of money sat round a table and most ordinary folk will ask what they are getting for it and rightly so imo.

A member of Labour's PR staff removed false claims from a Wikipedia article.

The second one literally never happened at all.

Rubbish. I distinctly remember Burnham defending it on Granada news saying one his staff had done it without his knowledge! And offering a typical mealy mouthed apology as is the way with politicians.

If there is a popular bandwagon to jump on Burnham will be first on it! Be it HS2, Hillsborough, Homeless, Mental illness anything to raise his own profile.

Last edited:
Im sorry mate but i cant bundle someone who has earnt through a political career what Burnham has and continues to do with a grass root activist.

I also dont feel that £110,000 a year for a Mayor is money well spent or necessary given he is a part of a council made up of another 10 council leaders and the salaries they command whilst people face stringent cuts to services at every corner.

That is a hell of a lot of money sat round a table and most ordinary folk will ask what they are getting for it and rightly so imo.

His job is less legitimate because he's sat around a table rather than on a building site?

They're a getting a mayor of Greater Manchester for their money. And the money isn't even a new spend, the mayor replaced the GM Police and Crime Commissioner post which also paid £100,000. It also replaces several other roles who presumably also had salaries attached to them.

Mayors set policy and strategy for local services. Every major city in the world has one, or sometimes several, people who do this. City mayors have existed for a couple of thousand years. Just like the Prime Minister sits at the head of the Cabinet, the Mayor is the head of the GMCA while the other council members are like the Cabinet.

If there is a popular bandwagon to jump on Burnham will be first on it! Be it HS2, Hillsborough, Homeless, Metal illness anything to raise his own profile.

Labour PR staff work in ministerial departments.

And an elected representative reacts to issues raised by the public who he represents and tries to do something about it? Well fuck me. Hang him. Obviously not doing his job in representing the public voice when he's .....errr..... representing the public voice.

His job is less legitimate because he's sat around a table rather than on a building site?

They're a getting a mayor of Greater Manchester for their money. And the money isn't even a new spend, the mayor replaced the GM Police and Crime Commissioner post which also paid £100,000. It also replaces several other roles who presumably also had salaries attached to them.

Mayors set policy and strategy for local services. Every major city in the world has one, or sometimes several, people who do this. City mayors have existed for a couple of thousand years. Just like the Prime Minister sits at the head of the Cabinet, the Mayor is the head of the GMCA while the other council members are like the Cabinet.

Labour PR staff work in ministerial departments.

And an elected representative reacts to issues raised by the public who he represents and tries to do something about it? Well fuck me. Hang him. Obviously not doing his job in representing the public voice when he's .....errr..... representing the public voice.

Are you his fucking brother or something? Lol. The fella is an attention seeking twat . Never met anyone else who thinks otherwise tbh. Anyway enough of him we've got a game on this afternoon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.