Fan arrested at Bournmouth

I had a similar experience in my youth, after a night out in Sheffield, We were running to catch a bus, missed it, grabbed the bus stop and swung round to slow myself down, then stood waiting for my mates to catch up, a police car pulled up, they grabbed me, threw me in the back, said i was being arrested for destroying public property! My mates watched gob smacked! I spent a night in a cell, had to go to court several months later, only for the magistrate to apologise for wasting my time time!

This is worth a read.....

I’ve policed a lot of football. We must stop treating fans as the enemy....

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...y-manchester-city-bournemouth-police-stewards

Excellent article, people's behaviour is always impacted by the way they are treated, treat them like animals.......

Any force used by anyone must be justifiable and these kids offered absolutely no threat whatsoever. No public endangerment, if you want to try and knick them for encroachment, have a go, you don't have a case but go for it, but that is not in itself a justification for violence.

When the celebration spilled over the wall, didn't the steward concerned pull the fan onto the pitch? Or is my memory playing tricks?

I sincerely hope he got all his costs back , legal ,personal , travel and loss of earnings?

No he wont. If it had gone to trial and he had been found not guilty the magistrates could have awarded costs. Because the CPS rightly sacked it before trial he gets squat. This is why the police and CPS should have done the decent thing months ago.

No he wont. If it had gone to trial and he had been found not guilty the magistrates could have awarded costs. Because the CPS rightly sacked it before trial he gets squat. This is why the police and CPS should have done the decent thing months ago.
It is the biggest scandal in our legal system.

Meanwhile, half a dozen exuberant Rags fans run onto the pitch after scoring a goal, beating the mighty Huddersfield, and it's a jolly good jape. Still an offence of entering the field of play. Difference is, the stewards didn't over react, and let the kids pop back over the fence to their seats. Nothing more said or done...!

Meanwhile, half a dozen exuberant Rags fans run onto the pitch after scoring a goal, beating the mighty Huddersfield, and it's a jolly good jape. Still an offence of entering the field of play. Difference is, the stewards didn't over react, and let the kids pop back over the fence to their seats. Nothing more said or done...!

Yes different clubs and stewards don't treat it the same. The law was put into place after numerous violent pitch encroachments but some common sense should be applied. I don't want to see fan's on the pitch all the time but it is an emotional game so can understand it will happen occasionally.

Yes different clubs and stewards don't treat it the same. The law was put into place after numerous violent pitch encroachments but some common sense should be applied. I don't want to see fan's on the pitch all the time but it is an emotional game so can understand it will happen occasionally.

nope its the rule and all clubs and there fans should obey them and if your running onto the pitch your going to face legal action. even if your kid runs on the pitch your responsible being the father or mother. like people have said on here its only Huddersfield and a goal so why go over the top. we have to so careful in today world and the wrong person could get on the pitch and then its to late. we don't want the 7ft fences back and boxed in like sheep do we

nope its the rule and all clubs and there fans should obey them and if your running onto the pitch your going to face legal action. even if your kid runs on the pitch your responsible being the father or mother. like people have said on here its only Huddersfield and a goal so why go over the top. we have to so careful in today world and the wrong person could get on the pitch and then its to late. we don't want the 7ft fences back and boxed in like sheep do we

I know it's the rule and the consequences of breaking it. On the whole fan's do respect it. It only works though through cooperation unless as you say the fences come back. We had one loon at the Etihad recently who just wandered around on the pitch with no one seeming to want to tackle him in a hurry. Although the same rule was broken there is a difference to over exuberant celebration and some attention seeking half wit and for the former I think a severe warning should be punishment enough. If clubs want to be harsher a 3-5 game ban could be applied.

I know it's the rule and the consequences of breaking it. On the whole fan's do respect it. It only works though through cooperation unless as you say the fences come back. We had one loon at the Etihad recently who just wandered around on the pitch with no one seeming to want to tackle him in a hurry. Although the same rule was broken there is a difference to over exuberant celebration and some attention seeking half wit and for the former I think a severe warning should be punishment enough. If clubs want to be harsher a 3-5 game ban could be applied.

i agree to a point but the rule is in place to keep everybody safe and if you cross the line and go onto the pitch your facing punishment even like you said a loony walking around maybe under the use of drink or drugs is why any sort of rule is in place. the stewards are not doing there jobs right and that is also a big major factor. they have no powers to take down people and man handle them in any way shape or form

this is the real problem at football grounds the stewards think they are the police and take over and try to control the fans by themselves but the law is not on there side and they have no powers to handle fans your only there to be a deterrent and stand out in your bright yellow or orange coats that's it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.