Fan arrested at Bournmouth

When the celebration spilled over the wall, didn't the steward concerned pull the fan onto the pitch? Or is my memory playing tricks?

I said the same a page back, but wasn't 100% if it was a steward or a copper

Tell you the truth I don’t think there allowed to touch you by law,when I’m going into the ground I get frisked but the lads who do the stewarding ask whether it is ok to do so.

i agree to a point but the rule is in place to keep everybody safe and if you cross the line and go onto the pitch your facing punishment even like you said a loony walking around maybe under the use of drink or drugs is why any sort of rule is in place. the stewards are not doing there jobs right and that is also a big major factor. they have no powers to take down people and man handle them in any way shape or form

this is the real problem at football grounds the stewards think they are the police and take over and try to control the fans by themselves but the law is not on there side and they have no powers to handle fans your only there to be a deterrent and stand out in your bright yellow or orange coats that's it

Yes it isn't an easy one' we are all fan's who have got carried away with the emotion of a special moment sometimes. I don't want to see loads of fans running on hugging players after every goal either then waiting for them to be cleared.

As for stewards I think they only have the same power as every citizen, that is using reasonable force to make a citizens arrest, but I may be wrong.

No he wont. If it had gone to trial and he had been found not guilty the magistrates could have awarded costs. Because the CPS rightly sacked it before trial he gets squat. This is why the police and CPS should have done the decent thing months ago.
Not strictly true. If the Crown offers no evidence following a summons, he can make an application for his legal (but not more general) costs to date out of central funds under section 16(1)(a) of the Prosecution of Offences Act 1985, assuming he was paying privately. If he was subject to legal aid then he cannot make such an application for obvious reasons.

Didn't Sterling get booked for leaving the pitch and going into the crowd. I'm afraid you can't have it both ways.
There was minor spillage and that poor lad got rough housed by the dick of the steward. He ended up on the pitch
after being dragged around by his collar, by some twat who thinks because he wears a high viz jacket, he can treat people
anyway he likes.

i agree to a point but the rule is in place to keep everybody safe and if you cross the line and go onto the pitch your facing punishment even like you said a loony walking around maybe under the use of drink or drugs is why any sort of rule is in place. the stewards are not doing there jobs right and that is also a big major factor. they have no powers to take down people and man handle them in any way shape or form

this is the real problem at football grounds the stewards think they are the police and take over and try to control the fans by themselves but the law is not on there side and they have no powers to handle fans your only there to be a deterrent and stand out in your bright yellow or orange coats that's it

Any law is open to interpretation (sp) and clearly this is a case where comon sense should have been used. The fans defence was that he was looking to leave the ground when the fans surged forward pushing him towards the pitch, therefore he has not committed any offence. He should have been asked to give an explanation on the day and that could have stopped it there and then. I assume the police did not ask him what happened or ignored him and simply charged him. At some stage he has gone to court and pleaded not guilty. The police officer then has to submit a file of evidence to the CPS. At some stage, long before last Wednesday a solicitor at the CPS should have reviewed the file and decided there was insufficient evidence to convict the fan. At that point they are allowed to write to the fan/solicitor informing him they were dropping the charge...they didn't. They made him travel all the way back to Bournemouth before telling him face to face they were not pursuing it. I do not now if it was a police officer who arrested on the pitch or did this shithouse steward who lied about Aguero grab the fan and hand him over to the police? If it is the latter it is even worse, Bournemouth cops knew within hours that the steward was a lying toe rag (re Aguero) so any statement from him re the fan carried absolutely no weight in a court of law. This case should never have been brought and the fan should never have had to suffer the stress of it.

I understand why they brought the law in and I agree normally it should be enforced, idiots/thugs etc have no place on the pitch or in the game but stewards and the police need to act with common sense.

Not strictly true. If the Crown offers no evidence following a summons, he can make an application for his legal (but not more general) costs to date out of central funds under section 16(1)(a) of the Prosecution of Offences Act 1985, assuming he was paying privately. If he was subject to legal aid then he cannot make such an application for obvious reasons.

I was going on the assumption that as a student he would have been on legal aid, I was making reference to his travel costs etc.

Any law is open to interpretation (sp) and clearly this is a case where comon sense should have been used. The fans defence was that he was looking to leave the ground when the fans surged forward pushing him towards the pitch, therefore he has not committed any offence. He should have been asked to give an explanation on the day and that could have stopped it there and then. I assume the police did not ask him what happened or ignored him and simply charged him. At some stage he has gone to court and pleaded not guilty. The police officer then has to submit a file of evidence to the CPS. At some stage, long before last Wednesday a solicitor at the CPS should have reviewed the file and decided there was insufficient evidence to convict the fan. At that point they are allowed to write to the fan/solicitor informing him they were dropping the charge...they didn't. They made him travel all the way back to Bournemouth before telling him face to face they were not pursuing it. I do not now if it was a police officer who arrested on the pitch or did this shithouse steward who lied about Aguero grab the fan and hand him over to the police? If it is the latter it is even worse, Bournemouth cops knew within hours that the steward was a lying toe rag (re Aguero) so any statement from him re the fan carried absolutely no weight in a court of law. This case should never have been brought and the fan should never have had to suffer the stress of it.

I understand why they brought the law in and I agree normally it should be enforced, idiots/thugs etc have no place on the pitch or in the game but stewards and the police need to act with common sense.

am with you and the case vs bournemouth stewards and it was wrong of them to man handle any fan like they did. the players did not jump over the wall or advertising boards but the fans push towards the players meaning fans at the front had no choice but to step over or get pushed over. so it was always going to be mad couple of minutes but the stewards handle it so poorly and why on earth did the steward feel the need to man handle the city fan like he did shocking. but again comon sense and home stewards think they are the law add up to trouble most of them are fans of the home team so getting a free shot at the away fans is ok by them

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.