A time to reflect.

Move on.
I think we can still win the treble, only thing that I worry about is in the CL when the refs will screw us over like last night.
Also why on earth did they select a referee from Altrincham who supports the scum?

Last night summed up . Bent referee, stupid tackle giving bent referee chance to level things. Poor finishing and if we want to remain at the top Bravo, Danilo, Bernardo, Gundogan not good enough. Schools out on Laporte but very early days.

I’ve seen a few people blaming the ref. We didn’t lose because Delph was sent off last night, we were equally dominant in possession with ten men as we were with XI and created just as few chances because we were shit from start to finish. Using the ref as an excuse for losing to a team 47 places below us in the league is poor. And no matter who we play, if we play well the ref becomes an irrelevance.

I’ve seen a few people blaming the ref. We didn’t lose because Delph was sent off last night, we were equally dominant in possession with ten men as we were with XI and created just as few chances because we were shit from start to finish. Using the ref as an excuse for losing to a team 47 places below us in the league is poor. And no matter who we play, if we play well the ref becomes an irrelevance.

We need to blame some fucker,the hurt is bad,Guardiola then ?

Personally i think the talk of the quadruple was just a stick to beat us with. We was never gonna do it and to be honest i thought we'd clean up domestically and fail in the champions league. The commentator last night was doing my head in, quadruple this and quadruple that, thank God it's been put to bed as it was reaching fever pitch.
I agree with you oakie, let's get out there on Sunday and show them who is boss, pep will have them fired up.

Was the quadruple ever achievable ? Yes. Likely ? Yes but probably but highly unlikely.
I declined from giving my thoughts last night until the Guinness had gone out of my system, but fuck it still hurts that scoreline and for what ever reason the mighty Wigan (my arse) have this hoodoo on us.
Lets be totally honest,it wasn`t so much that the once again totally corrupt Taylor who put us out,but we became our own worst enemy ... failure to capitalise on missed chances.
How often have we been able to say that this season ?
I, like all of you, are wanting to see a positive response from our lads,starting on Sunday.Lets go and kick a few arses and show the footballing world that this was a blip in our season.
If I`m being honest,the FA Cup was the one trophy that Pep and the lads possibly wouldn`t win, as I honestly believe that fortune beckons us more in the Champions League, moreso than any other time in our history.
Shit happens,but it still hurts,but lets not get too down hearted boys and girls.
We shot ourselves in the foot last night,it hurts,but I have no doubt that we`ll come back even more determined and show all those twats who are gloating, that this team will rule for years and years.
Let the fuckers have their moment ... ours is about to happen on three levels.
Of that I have no concerns.

Good post. I'm totally sanguine about the whole thing. This was the trophy which presents the biggest fixture backlog, and any forthcoming ties would have needed full strength teams and the associated tiredness/injuries/suspensions. I've been saying all season that all you need is one of those games where everything works against you, like last night and Liverpool, and you are out of a knockout competition.

This defeat provides an increase in our chances of winning the Champions League. We have a high chance of playing English opponents in the latter stages and they will likely be pressured by extra fixtures, too.

I think we all know that this squad/team is not as good as the hype.

Pep has them well drilled to maximise their potential but in the final analysis we do lack real quality in many areas. The squad building will continue and there will be mistakes made along the way but as long as Pep stays I am confident that we will continue to improve and win.
L3Ct5x4.gif

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK??
This squad is not as good as the hype?
Jesus wept.

“Bernado, Gundogan not good enough”. Admittedly, they (and several others) weren’t effective last night but not good enough? Can’t have that. Also, several posters on the Wigan post-match thread saying Raheem should have started. That’s probably right (though the rest may well do him good) but if he doesn’t have a good game on Sunday or misses a sitter, as at Burnley, you can rest assured that the knives will be out for him. I’ll say it again: we are so privileged to be watching the sublime football that this team is more often than not serving up for us.

Which areas do we lack quality in?

Really? We have lost a freak game. We are 16 Pts clear in the league and just twatted a team 4-0 away in CL. Have you seen a team play better football than us in the prem?

L3Ct5x4.gif

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK??
This squad is not as good as the hype?
Jesus wept.

So clearly I am wrong we can't all see that we aren't as good as the hype.

Yes we have played some fantastic football but for me we are still a good distance short of where Pep wants to be. I don't want to get into specific areas or players as I'm not a fan of slagging off our own players.

The media have hyped us to high heaven safe in the knowledge that, if as was always likely, we fall short they can then knock us down. It's the way of the world.

We are the best team in the PL and will win it but we are not yet an all conquering super team. With Pep onboard we may well get there. Enjoy the ride !

The same old same old, bags of possession and chances and losing to a breakaway. But we are not the only team to suffer from this. Disappointing.

I think KDB is head and shoulders our best player at moment. Maybe a better option to put him on at beginning and take him off as and when things are going our way.

A lot for Pep to think about for the summer. I would like to a little less reliance on small skilful players and a little more steel and physique.

Sunday isn’t a must win game, but beating Arsenal in cup ( then in league) would be fantastico.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.