A time to reflect.

So clearly I am wrong we can't all see that we aren't as good as the hype.

Yes we have played some fantastic football but for me we are still a good distance short of where Pep wants to be. I don't want to get into specific areas or players as I'm not a fan of slagging off our own players.

The media have hyped us to high heaven safe in the knowledge that, if as was always likely, we fall short they can then knock us down. It's the way of the world.

We are the best team in the PL and will win it but we are not yet an all conquering super team. With Pep onboard we may well get there. Enjoy the ride !
You've contradicted yourself. You said the media have hyped us to high heaven to use it as a stick to beat us with and you're doing the same.
I don't get what angle you are going in at?

All this bollocks about 10 men not making a difference. How about we play with 10 every week? I bet we would still dominate possssion and create some chances. We had to change our system, work harder and it was also demoralizing. 11 men, we do not lose. Not having it.

The same old same old, bags of possession and chances and losing to a breakaway. But we are not the only team to suffer from this. Disappointing.

I think KDB is head and shoulders our best player at moment. Maybe a better option to put him on at beginning and take him off as and when things are going our way.

A lot for Pep to think about for the summer. I would like to a little less reliance on small skilful players and a little more steel and physique.

Sunday isn’t a must win game, but beating Arsenal in cup ( then in league) would be fantastico.

It's hardly "same old". It's the first time it's happened all season. It happens to every single team in the world.

At the end of the day a Monday night in Wigan won't end up defining the success or failure of any of our players or our manager and 5 years from now it will all be forgotten(either through success or through failure on a much grander scale!!!). For the Wigan management, players and supporters it will be something they talk about for years to come.

I think last nights result and the circumstances behind it was the worst thing that could have happened for Arse

I expect to see a big positive reaction from our boys. Back to full strength and a big performance on Sunday

Don't you believe it - The Whinger will be in the 4th Official's ear whenever Sterling gets the ball - He believes Raheem goes down too easy.

At the end of the day a Monday night in Wigan won't end up defining the success or failure of any of our players or our manager and 5 years from now it will all be forgotten(either through success or through failure on a much grander scale!!!). For the Wigan management, players and supporters it will be something they talk about for years to come.

Unless they draw us again in next few years that is,done us 3 times in 5 years can't be a coincidence,it is a bogey team,simple as

Meh. It's football. This kind of thing happens. Wigan were excellent, City were wasteful. The best team doesn't always win, which is why we love it. Delph's tackle was silly, Taylor was pathetic, they scored, we didn't.

It's not the end of the world, it's just the game and how it goes sometimes.

Totally agree that we’re no doubt short of where perfectionalist Pep wants us to be and we all have our valid opinions of the positions that can/have to be improved if we’re to become all-conquering (if such a thing is possible in this current domestic and European era). We will move in the market this summer to make those improvements. But so far this season what we’ve had served up to us (sorry, food analogy again) has not been bad for starters! And I have to keep reminding myself that the return of Mendy will immediately improve our explosiveness and effectiveness in attack. It’s a great time to be a Blue - and that’s what the vast majority of the media can’t stomach. Well, I’ve got news for them: your indigestion is only going to get more painful and uncomfortable over the next few seasons.

You've contradicted yourself. You said the media have hyped us to high heaven to use it as a stick to beat us with and you're doing the same.
I don't get what angle you are going in at?

I was merely pointing out that the media modus operandi is to hype sports teams/sports people to high heaven and then kick them when they don't reach their unrealistic expectations.

I haven't hyped us up. I have never thought or said we would win a quadruple.

The thread title is 'A time to reflect'. My original post was just that - strip away the hype and whilst we are clearly very good we are not yet at the level of the hype. We are not at the level of Peps Barca which is where we would need to be to justify the media hype.

After Sunday we're down to two comps, one of them virtually won.
Think we're gonna go balls out for the Champs League now which would've been harder if we were still in the F.A.Cup.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.