A time to reflect.

5 Wins and the league is ours, one trophy per season is not too bad is it?

If we play like we did last night on Sunday the Carabao cup will stay in London.

Champions League - we will be stitched up by an official so don't count on that.
There was a time when the Champions league was the only place we got stitched up, now it seems like every game. I may be paroniod. English refs have all turned to shite and I am sick of seeing the same faces every week.

A quadruple is probably only possible if you can play your best team every game. Last night our team was far from the best, many second string and many just back from injury, a gamble that did not come off, though probably taken because of Wembley . Oata should always play and Sterling at least on the bench.

Did not sleep a wink last night with rage, not at our performance i must add, more the way the game went.

I eventually gave up and got out of bed at 6am and thought must start planning for Wembley, who do we play n the CL quarter finals and will we need 5 or 6 games to win league after Sunday. How far we have come when this is not enough.....

Move on.
I think we can still win the treble, only thing that I worry about is in the CL when the refs will screw us over like last night.
Also why on earth did they select a referee from Altrincham who supports the scum?
If you think we lost that game because of the twat you are delusional. We lost because too many players had an off night and under performed. Something which
has happened more than once since the turn of the year. We wont win the CL not because of the Refs but more likely because we don't finish off chances.

Champions League possible other last 8 teams - Spurs, Liverpool, Madrid, Stretford, Bayern, Barcelona, Roma

League last 11 games - Arsenal, Chelsea, Stoke, Everton, Stretford, Spurs, Swansea, West Ham, Huddersfield, Saints, Brighton

5 wins (possibly 4) will get us the league as Stretford will definitely drop points.

I know which I think is more winnable.

My concern is, I can't see Pep playing our strongest team in the league cup final. He has not done it at all during the competition so why would he start on Sunday? Against Arsenal, that could prove to be a big call. As the OP points out were prioritising the CL, but even with the big teams being weaker this season winning the CL is still going to be a huge task. It could be that the title is the only trophy we win this season. Which, don't get me wrong, would be amazing given the football we've played, but if that is all we win, I can't help but feel we would have missed a glorious chance to really write our name in history.

I'm feeling a bit pessimistic today, my 45 years are catching up with me.

We still need to accept that we have a very young team, last night our defence consisted of Stones who is still young and learning and a guy who is also young playing perhaps his 3rd game in a league he doesn't understand with teammates he has barely played with.

I think Laporte has been thrown in at the deep end and he will need a lot of time to adjust just like Stones did, it was 2v2, 3v3 most of the time for them so it is no wonder they struggled. Ottamendi is the man in that defence and he needs to be playing those kind of games. Obviously normally our attack would dig us out in games like that but last night they didn't.

We have no excuses now to rest players, big rest week for Arsenal and the CL is more or less done until March...

My concern is, I can't see Pep playing our strongest team in the league cup final. He has not done it at all during the competition so why would he start on Sunday? Against Arsenal, that could prove to be a big call. As the OP points out were prioritising the CL, but even with the big teams being weaker this season winning the CL is still going to be a huge task. It could be that the title is the only trophy we win this season. Which, don't get me wrong, would be amazing given the football we've played, but if that is all we win, I can't help but feel we would have missed a glorious chance to really write our name in history.

It is a good point to be fair,we shall see how, dare I say arrogant/disrespectful,surely not as it is a final,but he's already stated Bravo will start,I'm hoping a similar line up to the side that beat Leicester the other week

Did not sleep a wink last night with rage, not at our performance i must add, more the way the game went.

I eventually gave up and got out of bed at 6am and thought must start planning for Wembley,
We still need to accept that we have a very young team, last night our defence consisted of Stones who is still young and learning and a guy who is also young playing perhaps his 3rd game in a league he doesn't understand with teammates he has barely played with.

I think Laporte has been thrown in at the deep end and he will need a lot of time to adjust just like Stones did, it was 2v2, 3v3 most of the time for them so it is no wonder they struggled. Ottamendi is the man in that defence and he needs to be playing those kind of games. Obviously normally our attack would dig us out in games like that but last night they didn't.

We have no excuses now to rest players, big rest week for Arsenal and the CL is more or less done until March...

who do we play n the CL quarter finals and will we need 5 or 6 games to win league after Sunday. How far we have come when this is not enough.....

I thought the team had a stormer against the 11 men of wigan, never seen a team of 10 hold the opposition back and control the game so much as we did last might.

I dont blame Walker, Stones, whoever, I though the guys played out of their skin and ran so much extra that they were bound to make a mistake.

The thing that annoys me the most is the complete whitewash of the situation, the BBC, the fkin commentator declaring "no penalty" before even seeing replays, the crowd invasion, tackle of Aguero, the obvious fkin yellow for Delph (Not a red), the ref's SHITE performance.

Jeez I really hope Pep uses this shit to get the team fired up for the final.

Surely it will be full strength apart from Bravo. You can tell by the way he's rotating/substituting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.