Guardiola fined £20,000 for wearing yellow ribbon (p140)

Not a City fan, I am a Liverpool supporter, but came here to encourage the plans I have heard about supporting Guardiola over the ribbon. Having lived in Barcelona for 10 years and with family over there I have to say it is incredible and shocking what is going on. Four innocent men are in prison so far but the Spanish government are calling many more Catalan politicians to court. These people have done nothing wrong apart from express their ideas and opinions. Many Catalan citizens are now being convicted of 'hates crimes' for simply criticising the Spanish Royal family or government, for example the rapper Valtonyc this week who was sent to prison for 3 years. All this is happening while Europe and European governments such as the UK, do nothing but encourage Rajoy's government. If City fans can support Guardiola here and wear yellow tomorrow it would send a strong message in support of freedom of expression. Watching Catalan TV they are already talking about the match and hoping to see some support from the UK - support that has been sadly absent so far. Looking forward to the game tomorrow and thanks in advance for your support of Guardiola, Catalunya and human rights in the EU.
@franksinatra @geoff clipp
Any thoughts from your early handwringing posts?

It is in support of the four political prisoners: Jordi Sanchez, Jordi Cuixart, Oriol Junqueras and Quim Forn.
You can be against Catalan independence and still wear the ribbon, though those who wear it are normally in favour.
they are not political prisoners

Sorry if this have been stated previously in this thread i have not had time to read all .

So , for a long time i have belived the way we may lose Pep is his total commitment to the Cataloinan cause .

I believe he has addressed large rallies in Spain .

I think Pep is a very honorable person and i think we ( MCFC ) are in great danger in losing him in his pursuit of his principles .

Time will tell .

I'm sure others may have let you know in the mean time (but I am catching up) - that is NOT the reason he is wearing a ribbon.
Guardiola thinks that the separatist catalans who actually conspired against the spanish democracy should be released

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.