Who is best option to play in Fernandinho's position?

Ilkay for me. If he stays disciplined and plays the simple ball to David or Kev and let them do the rest.

While Delph is suspended, i think KDB would do the best job there. However, i'd play Gundogan and Silva in front of him and encourage them to rotate a little within the game depending on the situation.

If we're in a bit of a battle, i'd want KDB consistently sitting deeper as he's shown he has more strength and tackling ability than Gundogan has this season. However, if we're dominating the game and frequently have the opposition pushed back, i'd encourage KDB and Gundogan to switch roles. When that pivot role is primarily reduced to keeping possession ticking over, Gundogan is more than capable of dropping back and allowing KDB to do damage further forward.

Even if Fernandinho recovers from his injury, he's got to get through the next 5 league tough-looking league fixtures without picking up a booking to avoid a two game suspension.

Arsenal (A)
Chelsea (H)
Stoke (A)
Everton (A)
Man Utd (H)
---------------10 yellows suspension cut-off------------
Spurs (A)
Brighton (H) or Swansea (H)

In theory, if Fernandinho got booked against Chelsea, Delph could play that pivot role away against Stoke and Everton and Fernandinho would be back to face Man Utd and Spurs. I guess we just play our strongest team in each game and hope for the best though. Obviously it'll be worth subbing Fernandinho off whenever games are won though so identifying a way of playing without him over the next couple of months is essential.

Yaya definitely starts against Basel though.

Stick him on the bench against Arsenal and see if he can pick up a yellow by abusing the fourth official. Take the suspension while he's injured.

1 to 4 weeks.
Will miss Arsenal, Chelsea, Basel (not worth the risk) and possibly/probably Stoke (the later depending on how bad the strain is).
Back for the derby though.

Deserves a break having played every league game this year. Hopefully we can manage until Everton away.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.