Who is best option to play in Fernandinho's position?

I'm waiting for a three at the back revival since laporte arrived. now it's the best moment for it, especially vs hazard on sunday.

ederson
stones
laporte
kompany/otamendi
walker
danilo/zinchenko
gündoğan
de bruyne
silva
sané/sterling
aguero

I'm waiting for a three at the back revival since laporte arrived. now it's the best moment for it, especially vs hazard on sunday.

ederson
stones
laporte
kompany/otamendi
walker
danilo/zinchenko
gündoğan
de bruyne
silva
sané/sterling
aguero

Aguero alongside Jesus maybe ?

Ferny is one booking away from a two game ban so he needs to avoid picking up a booking in the next five matches (CL game doesn't count). We play Arsenal, Chelsea, Stoke, Everton and then the rags before the cut off point. He misses Arsenal and I suspect he will miss Chelsea. Booked against Stoke he misses Everton and the derby. Booked against Everton he misses the derby and Spurs and booked against the rags he misses Spurs and Swansea. Can he go until after the derby without a card - has he gone four games (as he misses Arsenal) without a card this season?

I wondered whether he should have looked for a booking on Sunday. I didn't realise he was one away. If he did, once he knew he was injured he should have handled the pass from Kompany and taken the ban rather than booted the ball out.

I’m somewhat worried about this.

Fern is our most important player imo.

We don’t have anyone else who can do his role to a proper standard

Good job we’ve got a decent margin of error.

Don’t think he will do a like for like option.
Maybe KdB and Ilkay as joint pivot with Dave, Sane and Sterling ahead and Serge upfront.

Shame Delph is suspended 2 more games, really think he would be an ideal replacement for Fernandinho. I'd like to see him given a chance there. Maybe he would do well as he has at LB, so much so we may not need Fred. Still only 28 so still a few years left yet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.