Bernardo Silva - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunate reason for his introduction(dinho injury) but he stretched the pitch and gave our midfielders space they didnt have before and we looked much better for it

I get the feeling he’s going to be a diamond next season, he looks better every week.

I think he’s going to be world class. Taken a bit of time to get up to speed, but his touch and vision are something else. Signs too that he’s getting feistier, as did his namesake.

I was expecting him to make the biggest impression out of all our summer signings. Yet he’s struggled to cement a place in our side.

I can’t be the only one who has been a tad underwhelmed by his performances thus far.

I’ve been incredibly underwhelmed.

I acknowledge he’s been played out of position pretty much every game.

What I’m seeing is a player who’s very ‘pretty’ and very ‘tidy’ who has obvious technical ability. A very ‘nice’ player.

What I’m also seeing is a player who doesn’t actually influence the game anywhere near frequently enough.

I think he’s very Arsenal. Reminds me of the likes of Hleb and Rosicky who fitted in well there.

Not seeing him as a City player or a Pep player yet.

Would love to see him get a run of games in his proper position though and see ifs got enough in him to emulate El Mago.

Class goal tonight that was eerily similar to the mysterious one against Bristol City which was disallowed.

Whilst his technique is brilliant, there are some disconcerting limitations to his game. Most notably his lack of pace and inability to use his right foot.

Class goal tonight that was eerily similar to the mysterious one against Bristol City which was disallowed.

Whilst his technique is brilliant, there are some disconcerting limitations to his game. Most notably his lack of pace and inability to use his right foot.

That's like saying David Silva's lack of pace is a disconcerting limitation. It's not. Remember when he was brought in and everyone acknowledged he was the heir to Spanish Dave? Why have people forgotten the kind of player Bernardo is, and where he is supposed to play? His pace is only a limitation if he plays on the wings. He's not a winger, so let's hope he is given a central role next season for his and the club's sake.

Best portuguese player in the world if he is used to the best of his abilities and it's not even close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.