Our Defence

We don't have a rock solid defence do we? We have a good defence but most of our defenders have a mistake in them, we are successful because of how we play football, retain the ball and attack, not because of our defence.

That's because we have the ball 3/4 of the game, not because we are a solid unit.

Your reasoning is the exact reason why pundits still call out our defence.

However, what you and the likes of Merson seem to fail to grasp is that having the ball 3/4s of the time is good defensive play. Our CBS and Keeper are vital to us keeping the ball.

Just because Otamendi and Laporte aren't doing last ditch tackles doesn't mean they aren't defending well.

The Chelsea game was a masterclass in defensive positional play. Time and again Chelsea were forced into hoofing it long and Ota and Eric got into positions to easily sniff out any danger. That for me is top class defending.

Clean sheets.

Current 'Golden Gloves' Table:
Courtois (Chelsea) 15
De Gea (United) 15
Crazy Eddie (City) 13
Transfermarkt have Ederson at 14 but I assume that's to do with the Liverpool game. Is that void or does Bravo get the credit?

Zinchenko is no more prone to mis-passes than anyone else, and he won't be playing in the UCL later rounds anyway.
He actually is less-prone to missed passes. It's quite mind boggling how people come up with opinions that are the absolute opposite of the truth :(

However, what you and the likes of Merson seem to fail to grasp is that having the ball 3/4s of the time is good defensive play. Our CBS and Keeper are vital to us keeping the ball.

Just because Otamendi and Laporte aren't doing last ditch tackles doesn't mean they aren't defending well.

The Chelsea game was a masterclass in defensive positional play. Time and again Chelsea were forced into hoofing it long and Ota and Eric got into positions to easily sniff out any danger. That for me is top class defending.

Your words are wasted here my friend. Amazed people can't grasp the concept.

Only city fans could say we are dodgy at the back with the best defense. Every player fucks up. They always have and always will.

We're only dodgy at the back when:

1) the opposition actually have the ball
and 2) they are quality on the counter attack
and 3) they have enough bodies breaking forward in that particular attack.
and 4) Walker's super-human speed doesn't stop the attack

The amount of times that all 4 things come together is really quite small.

Them keeping the ball isn't defending though is it? We are talking their team picking the ball up and running at us and causing us problems. A lot of the times they tend to do which is why despite having limited opportunities to it is looked at that we can be got at. You are massively mistaking possession and defending.

I think describing Chelsea as a masterclass probably shows the differing opinions. If you have a team that aren't bothered about crossing the half way line I wouldn't say we was defensively amazing.

I don't think we are weak at the back or even dodgy but again we are talking defending. If a team breaks fast, in numbers and running at our defenders then no I don't think we are the most solid. We don't have your old fashioned centre halves etc but AGAIN that's not a bad thing either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.