CL Quarter Final Draw - Liverpool A Apr 4th - H Apr 10th

I know we mock, but we do have to be careful.

Chelsea were in a similar position to us a few years back and Anfield crowd robbed a Garcia goal.

Even Dortmund couple of years back thought they had it won.

Weren't they both 2nd legs? 2nd legs at anfield are notoriously difficult, particularly if they have nothing to lose and can go flat out. This time I think they will be caught in two minds. If we'd been drawn at home first I would have been extremely worried about this tie. I'm still not taking it for granted (despite my post) but playing them there first changes this from an "oh shit" to a "quietly confident" draw.

Exactly, Roma & Juve are tough games.

So, to turn it on it's head, we could have Roma, Juve & Sevilla in the semi's...

Roma have improved but to do it against barca is an uphill task for them. Juve have the firepower but lets hope they give madrid a match

I think both legs will make fantastic viewing for the neutral and be fucking horrible for both sets of fans. I think its fair to say its unlikely there will be a 0-0 draw involved. Infact I would be surprised if either goalkeeper kept a clean sheet in either leg.....or any of the 4 halves of football played.
I agree. I didn't want this draw :(

...which wouldn't surprise me at all, to be honest it's exactly what I expected. In fact, I believe fans, players etc are already shitting themselves over there. Wijnaldum certainly does...

But perhaps they may gain some confidence back by taking a look at some posts in here? My God, the nonsense sometimes in this forum...

I see this as a perfect opportunity for the team to make a step forward in terms of maturity. By dealing with ... shadows, irrational fears, stuff like that. Taking care once and for all of that ridiculous thing called "the Anfield factor". They haven't got much more than "that", have they? So get rid of this nonsense. Completely. Permanently.

If this City cannot leave behind this Liverpool over two legs, I'm sorry but there cannot be any serious discussion regarding CL success. A Liverpool 21 points behind City, sitting 4th on the table currently, struggling to secure a top 4 position. I mean we do understand that, at the moment, it's not even certain they'll play CL football next season, don't we? With Chelsea 4 points behind, 8 matches to go? Please.

Great post.

Our "hoodoos" are being buried one by one by this amazing team. Time for the Clanfield one to be buried with the rest of 'em..

Can't fecking wait.

its not a dilemma at all. you dont rest players against your rival and for the league title
We are resting the whole squad this weekend with our trip to Abu Dhabi and no game.

They may get a rest if Swansea best Spurs this weekend later in April too.

They will all get a rest in the Summer after the World Cup (some won’t even be going to it).

There will be no resting of anyone between 4th-10th April!

Weren't they both 2nd legs? 2nd legs at anfield are notoriously difficult, particularly if they have nothing to lose and can go flat out. This time I think they will be caught in two minds. If we'd been drawn at home first I would have been extremely worried about this tie. I'm still not taking it for granted (despite my post) but playing them there first changes this from an "oh shit" to a "quietly confident" draw.

You're absolutely correct, Liverpool played Chelsea 3 times in 4 seasons, the only time Chelsea won was the only one with the second leg at Stamford Bridge.

I think we have to be smart in first leg but we really need an away goal, our neighhbours have shown the dangers of a first leg 0-0.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.