Does all the city bull...t bingo get you down?.

I genuinely couldn't give a shit!
Silly playground insults because that's all they have left.
Let them wallow in their bitterness. They know who we are
and they know what we are about.
They also know that we have today and we have the future and they
are powerless to stop it.

It annoys me in the sense that I feel for the other supporters who genuinely believe what the gutter press tells them to believe.

Getting annoyed about the stock City bingo phrases is exactly the reaction the people who use them want. So I don't.
Me too. I occasionally cary a laminated city buzzword bingo card in my pocket and whip it out and start jumping up and down in delight when a plonker delivers a cliche. Just for self amusement you understand.

Not in the slightest, just shows the ignorance of the ****s and to be honest just provokes the abuse back which they’ll never win because they can’t.

The no history nonsense is the biggest insult. What does that say for the other 84 clubs less successful than us? Do only 8 clubs have history?

Does 54,000 fans every week make us poor?

It is reallly boring.

They all talk about history but they actually mean achievement. The correct way for them to describe the matter would be to say 'my club has achieved more in its history than yours', where 'more' equals the number of trophies won. History among football league clubs is simply different.

Last edited:
Doesn't bother me because it mainly comes from people who have no clue about the game and just believe all they hear or see.

I've personally found it to be a generational thing - fans of a certain age seem to know the score, even over here in Rag/Dipper/Celtic central. I've been accused of being a money fan once by a lad around my age and he has never even set foot in England, which kind of told me all I need to know.

Years ago when everyone went on about our lack of trophies and the fact we'd won fuck all for 30 odd years it never bothered me because it was true. You can't argue with something that's factually correct.

However all this empty seats and "you have no fans" 'nonsense does my head in. At least when people go on about lack of success you can shut them up by winning things. There's no way of stopping this empty seats rubbish. People go on about us having no fans, we sell out the next game, no one says anything, then the following week it starts again. We're proving them wrong, they're just ignoring it. I mean how many clubs would have a 54,000 sell out in the FA Cup 3rd round against Burnley?

On the one hand we get the empty seats jibe, but then we get "where were you when you were shit" hang on a minute! I thought we had no fans? They can't have it both ways!

If there's an article about us on the BBC website, I glance at the first twenty or so "Have your say" and it's always full of the City bingo card bollocks, generally from people like John the Man U fan in Bedfordshire
And it does slightly depress me because I know they truly believe what they're writing

I had a debate with a spurs supporter on another forum where they were saying we were state funded and without hugely inflated Abu Dhabi sponsorship money our revenue would be tiny
So there was an exchange where I compared our revenue with Arsenal. I pointed out that less than 20% of City's entire revenue is from the UAE and I then named a number of other global partners and quoted the number we have in comparison to Arsenal, plus Arsenal receive more money from the main sponsor, Emirates, than we do from Etihad
Then I said "wait until we sign the new kit manufacturer deal as the one we have is paltry, so revenue will jump another £30M"
They soon shut up as they had no answers, but it's a waste of time trying to do this on the BBC's Have your say

Doesn`t bother me in the least.Broad shoulders and a pair of hairy bollocks is all I need.

This.

Whenever the Rags chime in with the Emptihad/Oil BS, I just say “Champions” and strut around the office like this. They soon shut up.

giphy.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.