Taking Bags In

What the fucks going on with our club and the way supporters are treated
I think, during the pandemic, the penny dropped about fans being a minor financial contributor to the clubs position.
It really is noticeable how poorly lots of people consider the clubs attitude has been towards fans. Seems no-one within the club gives a sh.t.

From the website

WHAT CAN I BRING WITH ME?​

Bag Drop

Large bags will not be allowed into the stadium. This includes backpacks, holdalls, rucksacks, luggage, or other similar items. No oversized bags will be allowed. Small bags no larger than A4 size (12”x8”x3”) will be accepted. If you must bring a bag to the stadium that exceeds the allowable size, bag drop facilities (locations shown below) that you can use to securely store your items will be in place until the match has finished.

The bag drop will be priced at £5 for Season Ticket holders, and £10 for match buyers.

It's almost as there's a plot to keep supporters away. Every week, someone must say, 'fuck it, that's the last straw.' The 'customer-facing' element of the Club, or whatever the jargon is now, is piss poor.

People accuse Councils and similar public bodies of having too much bureaucracy and red tape. I say they would do well to get near City as it is now. £10 to put a bag in a locker? Fuck off, it's a joke.

I wouldn’t chance it. Took my 10 y.o. to the Wycombe game in 93:20. He had his school backpack (small). In it were his overcoat, City scalf and iPad). Security were worse than arseholes - even after he put coat & scalf on and carried his iPad - leaving his backpack empty. I folded it up and said I would carry it in like that. They still refused entry unless the backpack (now folded away) was disposed of. They suggested the lockers which would’ve meant missing a lot of the 1st half.

There were a couple of Policemen there and I asked if the backpack was a security risk, they said no and one commented “It’s City mate, they treat you like shit.” While I didn’t agree with him I felt like slapping the little teenage twat on security. What annoyed me most was the smirk on his face. I’m experienced enough in dealing with people to see that he was actually enjoying the situation. I ended up throwing the backpack in the bin (£30 wasted), called the little twat on Security a sad officious wanker and went in.

always thought they were doing it for a security purposes.

From the website

WHAT CAN I BRING WITH ME?​

Bag Drop

Large bags will not be allowed into the stadium. This includes backpacks, holdalls, rucksacks, luggage, or other similar items. No oversized bags will be allowed. Small bags no larger than A4 size (12”x8”x3”) will be accepted. If you must bring a bag to the stadium that exceeds the allowable size, bag drop facilities (locations shown below) that you can use to securely store your items will be in place until the match has finished.

The bag drop will be priced at £5 for Season Ticket holders, and £10 for match buyers.

Lol. 12 x 8 x 3” bags don’t even exist. It’s an A4 envelope!
Are we the only club to do this? How would the red shirt tourist fans cope after their long journeys and visit to the club shop to buy their tat?
City, please, this has to stop. Check bags if you must, but unless there is suspicion, it only needs to be one in 10 - that’s all we checked in the military when there was a heightened security alert. Ffs , old Frank bringing in a flask of bovril is neither a risk to safety or a threat to the financial stability of the club.

I think, during the pandemic, the penny dropped about fans being a minor financial contributor to the clubs position.
It really is noticeable how poorly lots of people consider the clubs attitude has been towards fans. Seems no-one within the club gives a sh.t.
What you have to remember is these guys are not employed by the club and they aren't employed because they are City fans.
They may even be rags what ever they are they have no reason to be nice other than it is good manners. If they had name badges so that they could be reported to the club they might change their attitude but it is wrong to blame the club because a contractor employs dick heads.

Lol. 12 x 8 x 3” bags don’t even exist. It’s an A4 envelope!
Are we the only club to do this? How would the red shirt tourist fans cope after their long journeys and visit to the club shop to buy their tat?
City, please, this has to stop. Check bags if you must, but unless there is suspicion, it only needs to be one in 10 - that’s all we checked in the military when there was a heightened security alert. Ffs , old Frank bringing in a flask of bovril is neither a risk to safety or a threat to the financial stability of the club.
The rags had bag drops long long before City. They charge, it is a trek to get to it and they accept suitcases.

What you have to remember is these guys are not employed by the club and they aren't employed because they are City fans.
They may even be rags what ever they are they have no reason to be nice other than it is good manners. If they had name badges so that they could be reported to the club they might change their attitude but it is wrong to blame the club because a contractor employs dick heads.

That’s the answer. Nice one. A simple thing like name badges could change some attitudes. At least then, when disputes arise, the name of the alleged jobsworth could be passed on and serial offenders could be ‘re-trained’ or given the elbow.
A simple suggestion for the next ‘City Matters’ meeting … and why don’t they have name badges already?

That’s the answer. Nice one. A simple thing like name badges could change some attitudes. At least then, when disputes arise, the name of the alleged jobsworth could be passed on and serial offenders could be ‘re-trained’ or given the elbow.
A simple suggestion for the next ‘City Matters’ meeting … and why don’t they have name badges already
From a security point of view I would have thought name badges were obvious but perhaps because staff change so quickly the company dont bother.
As you say perhaps City matters can push this forward.

The rags had bag drops long long before City. They charge, it is a trek to get to it and they accept suitcases.

I can understand it for large bags - there’s a business there for someone. But a bag that fits under your seat ( small rucksack / ladies handbag) is not really a hindrance to anyone.
Disclosure: I normally either stay overnight or drive to the games - so bags are not usually an issue. Sometimes I get the train (6 hours travelling) and the bag issue can be the straw that makes me decide against going.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.