Boris Becker: 2.5 year prison sentence

ARTICLES​

Liverpool fail to break down City defence​

Liverpool gained ten corners to City's one, but the most important statistic, of course, was the one goal City achieved in a game which saw Liverpool dominate from start to finish. Johnston and Nicol combined well on the right and MacDonald worked prodigiously in midfield. The Reds simply could not penetrate the City back four.

Clive Wilson scored for City after 61 minutes, the ball rebounding off Bruce Grobbelaar from a Davies shot. The score was against the run of play, but Liverpool's finishing was so inept that they hardly deserved to win, despite all their fluent approach work. The only consolation for Liverpool was Manchester United's 3-1 defeat at Goodison.

Copyright - 'Liverpool, Champions of Champions' by Brian Pead.

Fool.

You’re citing an arrticle about Liverpool? Called ‘Liverpool, Champions of Champions’? From 1985?

I suppose Gordon Davies played for Chelsea tbf…

Is he out yet? How long do you think any of us would get for stealing millions of pounds?

I bet not a single **** of us would have thought, two and a half years tops.
Try a ten stretch as literally a starter for ten.

Be rich, famous, a toff and its, he’s one of the club, it might be us one day, let’s keep this civilised, for us at least.

that’s what pisses me off. Rob a Post Office back in the day for a maximum of twenty grand, on a good day, and you’re looking up the arse of ten years. And that’s not hurting a soul.

Make it a hundred times that and your off to a fucking day release holiday resort, with spa facilities and a personal chef. Chateau Palmer, 62 by the shipload.

I think you miss the point of my post really. I am not suggesting his crimes are trivial of not deserving of punishment.

I merely think it's a bit sad that such a formerly successful and seemingly nice bloke should have his world fall apart - whether through his own fault or not - to the extent that he's broke, and now in prison. I feel sorry for him but that doesn't mean I condone what he's done.
Apologies I thought your argument was that he should not be in prison, but instead prison capacity used on people who commit burglary etc.

My position was simply that just because he is not breaking into flats robbing people doesn't mean he isn't robbing people. He is every bit of deserving his sentences as a burglar.

I would disagree, it is not sad, he has had ample opportunity over years of legal wrangling to avoid this outcome. He has lied and been deceptive to the point they have had to imprison him. I'm sure his creditors would rather have their money, even if it was a long term payment plan. He has effectively stuck two fingers up at them.

Last edited:
He needs to be punished, deserves to be punished, and the sentence was probably right given the sums and personality involved, but the hard-on that some people have for retribution is utterly depressing.

We are a far less forgiving society these days - and far, far poorer for it.
I don't see any glee or backslapping on this thread. I think some people, myself included would find it hard to forgive him when he has not shown a shred of contrition or remorse, the judge in the case even made that point. He hasn't had a moment of madness, or accidentally hurt someone because of a split second mistake. He has been deceptive and dishonest over a period of years. My sympathy in this case is with his creditors, as my father nearly went broke through chasing people who owed him money for over five years.

I don't think people are less forgiving, I think people value honour and integrity. If I owe you money, I do my all to pay you back. If I am struggling to pay you back, I work with you to fix the problem. I don't hide money and assets from you and force you to drag me through the courts.

I don't see any glee or backslapping on this thread. I think some people, myself included would find it hard to forgive him when he has not shown a shred of contrition or remorse, the judge in the case even made that point. He hasn't had a moment of madness, or accidentally hurt someone because of a split second mistake. He has been deceptive and dishonest over a period of years. My sympathy in this case is with his creditors, as my father nearly went broke through chasing people who owed him money for over five years.

I don't think people are less forgiving, I think people value honour and integrity. If I owe you money, I do my all to pay you back. If I am struggling to pay you back, I work with you to fix the problem. I don't hide money and assets from you and force you to drag me through the courts.
It's a cunts trick. He deserves punishment, he has been given all the chances to pay his debts, but he chose to try and hide his assets to avoid it.
I'm not sure imprisonment is the correct approach though, after all, it's supposed to be as much about rehabilitation as anything else. Will he be rehabilitated after his stretch? Will he fuck, he'll still have his hidden fortune, and the people he owes money to will still be owed it. And he'll only do a year or so in a cushy prison.
I'd have preferred him to do 2 years community service, 40 hours a week.
You know, like a proper job. That might make him think on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.