It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Dunno why people are trying to make Felix happen

Guy is their most expensive player ever, he's got a contract till 2026 and has just won their player of the season

It'll cost what they spent or there abouts for a player who is granted very very good but don't think he's on the level that many thought he'd reach

Don't need a 2nd forward when we are quite regimented in a 4-3-3 unless we want him to take Bernardo position where Bernardo is far superior in that role

Give McAtee a chance first

80 mil. That's how much Atletico would accept.

I feel like if we wanted a not-quite-a-striker, not-quite-a-midfielder kind of player who can't play on the wing and isn't living up to potential because of their manager we could sign Dybala on a free and save £80m.

The Felix link just doesn't quite add up with Haaland coming in and Alvarez getting better every single game, and we're probably still going to play false 9 occasionally.

Alvarez could blow this conversation out the water. My mouth is watering at the prospect of him. I like the "think of Tevez when he came to England" comparison rather than the Gabriel Jesus one. Maybe it's the optimist in me, but I think Alvarez hits the ground running. Be interested to see if he plays wide initially or whether Pep just uses him as a pure central striker.

Yea....that's still a lot, too much' for a player who will have to play outside his preferred position as it doesn't exist in our current tactical set up.....and he's not good enough to change our style for

He doesn't have one position, he's played LW, CAM, Striker, LWB and as a 8 this year under Simone.

He's been top 3 attackers in the league last season just behind Benzema and Vinicius Jr in chances created and overall attacking play.

He's just won Atleticos best player award. He's had a brilliant season and has evolved his game considerably.

No disrespect to our attackers but Joao felix goes straight into our attack. If Suarez could finish better and wasn't past it he'd be on Kevin numbers for assists this season.

Atletico would've been fighting for the league if they had someone who could score

I feel like if we wanted a not-quite-a-striker, not-quite-a-midfielder kind of player who can't play on the wing and isn't living up to potential because of their manager we could sign Dybala on a free and save £80m.

The Felix link just doesn't quite add up with Haaland coming in and Alvarez getting better every single game, and we're probably still going to play false 9 occasionally.

Maybe Jesus goes pep wants another top class player who works he socks off and also has silky skills plus the five subs next season just might be the reason we go for a player like him.

Alvarez could blow this conversation out the water. My mouth is watering at the prospect of him. I like the "think of Tevez when he came to England" comparison rather than the Gabriel Jesus one. Maybe it's the optimist in me, but I think Alvarez hits the ground running. Be interested to see if he plays wide initially or whether Pep just uses him as a pure central striker.
Alvarez is a huge talent but also a young kid moving to a different culture for the first time.

He is without doubt an exciting signing but let's not go overboard on him at this time, we have seen with Grealish's first season, integrating into this team is far from easy.

If Felix is available I would think we will be all over the deal, an incredible talent and for me the ideal Pep/City player.

Potentially after getting the two other rumoured targets. Mahrez, Foden and Sterling as alternative options, Palmer and McAtee as well. We could have crazy possibilities, even back 3 would be certain. Imagine a traditional 4-4-2 but with a Pep twist.

Ederson
Walker Stones Dias Cucurella
KDB Rodri Phillips Bernardo
Haaland Alvarez

Ederson
Cancelo Dias Laporte Aké
Mahrez Rodri Bernardo Foden
Haaland Sterling
Endless possibilities. I'm just in dreamland if that sounds a bit much haha, still gassed after our Prem triumph

Potentially after getting the two other rumoured targets. Mahrez, Foden and Sterling as alternative options, Palmer and McAtee as well. We could have crazy possibilities, even back 3 would be certain. Imagine a traditional 4-4-2 but with a Pep twist.

Ederson
Walker Stones Dias Cucurella
KDB Rodri Phillips Bernardo
Haaland Alvarez

Ederson
Cancelo Dias Laporte Aké
Mahrez Rodri Bernardo Foden
Haaland Sterling
Endless possibilities. I'm just in dreamland if that sounds a bit much haha, still gassed after our Prem triumph
Rest in peace, Zinchenko, Gundogan and Steffen. haha

I've got the same feeling. The same way academy players can often look the business over a 6-12month period, there is a lot to be gained from throwing an unknown entity in and seeing what happens. Hunger, desire, confidence and a lack of fear can see them thrive, if only for a limited period. In Gabby's case injury derailed his quite brilliant start.

We talk about dips in form with young players, but often it is just that the opposition have enough knowledge of their game to then prevent them from playing so well. It is what they do to overcome that which determines how good a player they are.

The Diaz impact at Liverpool is one to watch now there is plenty of footage of how he likes to play. We will see how good a player he really is next season.

Alvarez looks like he has so much to his game that even if he isn't scoring he will still be improving the team considerably.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.