PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I can understand why some people fear a stitch-up, but it's going to be a long 18 months or so if you start heading down that rabbit hole. That way madness lies. Until we see anything to suggest the contrary, I'm going to assume that the panel will be independent and that we will get a fair hearing. Otherwise, what's the point in any of this? Personally, I think there is far too much at stake, on numerous levels, for the panel just to hand out some arbitrary punishment to us in order to appease certain parties. The fallout from a guilty verdict will be huge, so they'd need cogent evidence that holds up to extensive scrutiny.
If there is an agenda behind the decision, I cannot see how it benefits the league to issue us with any punishment. It raises a huge cloud over the PL over the past decade. They’ve said they wouldn’t issue retrospective punishment or take away trophies but you’d have constant calls for the record books to be amended. You’d have never ending stories about how the whole competition had been nullified and moving forwards you’d have the same cynicism around it. It threatens the future growth and revenue of the PL as the premier domestic football competition and in simple terms just doesn’t do it any good!

Finding us innocent of all charges just leads to a bunch of whinge bag fans and journalists who don’t have a clue what they’re talking about, claiming corruption. The same thing they do now anyway. It wouldn’t change things at all from that perspective in my opinion.

The majority of football fans think we’ve got 115 charges in the same manner as Everton and if they got 10pts deducted for 1 charge we should have 1150 points deducted. They think we’ve lied about revenues and inflated sponsorship and that we still do today. You still see question marks around our revenue despite the success we’ve had. They’re clueless and to be honest most of them probably expect us to get away with it, as in their eyes we have for so long anyway. So the PL might as well find us innocent. The red shirt clubs will be fuming, but they’ll get over it as long as the rules keep preventing Newcastle/Villa and whoever else from a sustained period challenging their position in the CL.

Think its time City took this clown to court and forced a court decision of cease and desist upon him:

View attachment 104324

If, as his hoped, we are cleared then, yes, I think the club will take action against him.

Almost all journalists say alleged offences etc to give themselves an out.

He's flatly stating we've cooked the books and it's not the first time.

He's pinning everything on us being found guilty and if we're not he's fucked.

If Nick Harris believes the 2014 punishment was for cooking the books he hasn’t been paying as much attention as he claims. And what kind of saddo boasts about being somebody’s guest before “calling them out”. Yes, I know he has issues but it’s hard to feel any sympathy

If, as his hoped, we are cleared then, yes, I think the club will take action against him.

Thats slander right there, its plain and its simple

When we are cleared, the club will be looking to move on and Harris will just be a crazy man howling at the moon.

Also, one man's cooking the books is another man's creative accountancy and there was some of that when UEFA FFP came in (the sales of intangible assets, for example). Let him howl. It will make him sound (even more) insane.

Think its time City took this clown to court and forced a court decision of cease and desist upon him:

View attachment 104324
Even by his standards that’s pretty stunning, mainly because (most) of his tweets have deliberately just about stayed on the right side of the law to avoid litigation.

This is different and surely requires the immediate attention of our legal team??

Even by his standards that’s pretty stunning, mainly because (most) of his tweets have deliberately just about stayed on the right side of the law to avoid litigation.

This is different and surely requires the immediate attention of our legal team??
We’ll probably invite him as guest in the Tunnel club at the Burnley home game and have him on the pitch as speaker pre-match. Wouldn’t surprise me one jot.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.