Advice for getting a ticket for an away game

Dont get too carried away when City score, shout offside,or handball as loud as you can .
How much was the hospitality ticket?
I have no idea, but Bournemouth hospitality is a burger and a pint in a tent behind the south stand, so not quite the Etihad….

I don’t hate Bournemouth, they are doing their best, but obviously I want City to beat them, I am quite good at suppressing my feelings so I should be OK, and the local A&E is only a mile away from the ground

Sat in the home end v Everton this season with my wife. Had to keep quiet when City scored their first 2 goals. She went to use the toilet near the end, so I stood watching from the top of the stairs near the concourse with a load of stewards. When Bernardo scored near the end, I ran down into the womens toilets shouting we’ve scored. I heard a female steward in the toilets shouting ‘get out’ but she informed my wife ‘your husband said to tell you it’s 3-1’

Living in the US, I almost always have to do hospitality to watch a City away game. I’d venture to say every PL ground knows, and welcomes, away fans. As others have suggested, subtle celebrations, don’t go waving fake cards when they put a tackle in and don’t make loud verbal accusations as to the players parentage or comparing them to a certain lady part !

I’ve had two away games where the staff and home fans made a real fuss of me (in a good way) and the distance I’d travelled, irrespective of being a city fan (Newcastle & Swansea).

Enjoy the experience…..

We came from the US to see City play away at Stamford Bridge and I don’t think anyone around us was an actual Chelsea fan. All tourists like us mostly. Everyone was taking pictures of Haaland and the City celebrations. We were on our best behavior and I did see someone who was taken out by the stewards, but it never felt contentious in the section we were in. Obviously just one experience!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.