Advice for getting a ticket for an away game

Bournemouth Blue

I live in Bournemouth these days so I rarely get to see City play except on TV. My stepdaughter has bought me a hospitality ticket to watch Bournemouth v City on Feb 24th as a birthday present, so I am delighted but obviously concerned that if we score I will be revealed as a City fan in the Bournemouth only home stands. I don’t think the Bournemouth fans are very aggressive, but do any of you have any experience? When I was a student in the 70s I saw City play away at Nottingham Forest, Everton, Liverpool and Leeds, when segregation wasn’t a thing, so I obviously suppressed my reactions when City scored, but I haven’t been in the wrong crowd for 25 years or so. Any advice? Please don’t feel it has to be sensible

I live in Bournemouth these days so I rarely get to see City play except on TV. My stepdaughter has bought me a hospitality ticket to watch Bournemouth v City on Feb 24th as a birthday present, so I am delighted but obviously concerned that if we score I will be revealed as a City fan in the Bournemouth only home stands. I don’t think the Bournemouth fans are very aggressive, but do any of you have any experience? When I was a student in the 70s I saw City play away at Nottingham Forest, Everton, Liverpool and Leeds, when segregation wasn’t a thing, so I obviously suppressed my reactions when City scored, but I haven’t been in the wrong crowd for 25 years or so. Any advice? Please don’t feel it has to be sensible
The only advice I can give is keep stum. I went to many away games before segregation and never had problems. Unfortunately things are a lot different these days.

You sound like a reasonable grown man, so I’m going to assume you can handle it. The “hospitality crowd” is generally not your average fist swinger, but with a few free jars in them, who knows…even in Bournemouth!

I’d suggest enjoying the game and not being a twat usually goes a long way towards staying safe at games, but I’m not sure what the Eastbourne Massive that use hospitality are like with some cider in them?!

Take care and a Happy Birthday! You must be a decent stepdad, so nice one!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.