Alfie Harrison

Ndala is probably the biggest talent in the academy right now but he and Oboavwoduo are different skill sets to Alfie. Difficult positions have different problems. Ndala currently has Grealish, Doku and maybe Foden in front of him. Alfie’s best position is maybe central so where could he break through?
Patience and a little luck is required for any young player to break through here.
For me, Ndala, Oboavwoduo and Dada-Mascoll are the stand out talents right now but worth keeping an eye on Lakyle Samuel.

English clubs will be raiding academies because of the financial restrictions at play. In many ways, it puts us in an incredibly strong position, but it also exposes us to the continual risk of a player coached and trained by us going on to be a worldy. I wish Alfie Harrison the very best of luck

Ndala is probably the biggest talent in the academy right now but he and Oboavwoduo are different skill sets to Alfie. Difficult positions have different problems. Ndala currently has Grealish, Doku and maybe Foden in front of him. Alfie’s best position is maybe central so where could he break through?
Patience and a little luck is required for any young player to break through here.
For me, Ndala, Oboavwoduo and Dada-Mascoll are the stand out talents right now but worth keeping an eye on Lakyle Samuel.
Not saying your wrong those are very talented players but there is a consistent theme on here to pick out the obvious eye catching athletic forms. Not the profile that’s tended to be successful under Guardiola, and in World football generally some of the best players were the silver medalists in youth football and developed later. Being disadvantaged physically in youth football often brings with advantages in early 20s. Determination, resilience, attitude, game intelligence etc. Harrison for me is a player who fits this profile and therefore should be retained until at least 20/21. Whilst we all have opinions however and it’s good debate, non of us have a crystal ball and history tells us development isn’t linear so who knows, I just think it’s the talents that still have elements that require topping up that we should hold onto for longer if possible.

No chance, the skunks are trying to offload players to comply with FFP, why would they blast 17m on an untried youngster?

I think it's unlikely too.

But... If they are having to sell someone they'd maybe be looking at £30m or more for whoever goes, and they'd also be on much higher wages than Harrison at this stage in his career.

They need to raise money but they also want to field a decent team. Maybe they think he's nearly ready and would be a good backup.

Not saying your wrong those are very talented players but there is a consistent theme on here to pick out the obvious eye catching athletic forms. Not the profile that’s tended to be successful under Guardiola, and in World football generally some of the best players were the silver medalists in youth football and developed later. Being disadvantaged physically in youth football often brings with advantages in early 20s. Determination, resilience, attitude, game intelligence etc. Alfie for me is a player who fits this profile and therefore should be retained until at least 20/21
I don't think Alfie has ever been 'disadvantaged physically' at whatever level he's played at. He's a player I've always liked BTW, I think he just can't see a path in central or attacking midfield for the foreseeable future as he'd be competing with the likes of Bobb and Foden for a long while.

I think it's unlikely too.

But... If they are having to sell someone they'd maybe be looking at £30m or more for whoever goes, and they'd also be on much higher wages than Harrison at this stage in his career.

They need to raise money but they also want to field a decent team. Maybe they think he's nearly ready and would be a good backup.
Perhaps they've told him they've got decent loans lined up which will bring in loan fees or at least pay his wages? I can't see him going straight into their 1st team squad but then Lewis, Palmer & Bobb all seamlessly fitted into ours, so who knows.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.