Queues outside M1 turnstiles and over the top security

I’d have thought Market Street and the Arndale Centre would be easier targets. I’m sure you been on Market Street on a Saturday Afternoon? There are thousands of people on it all day long.
Probably are easy targets ,but the thread aint about the shithole arndale center its about the etihad,and considering there the most successful club about at the moment tv crews cameras and and live audiances,its a slightly bigger alert,just like it happened at the ao arena,so yer personally dont seem problem with a 4 second check,if uve bin to west hams ground u actually walk thru detectors and checks before get to stadium great set up

Probably are easy targets ,but the thread aint about the shithole arndale center its about the etihad,and considering there the most successful club about at the moment tv crews cameras and and live audiances,its a slightly bigger alert,just like it happened at the ao arena,so yer personally dont seem problem with a 4 second check,if uve bin to west hams ground u actually walk thru detectors and checks before get to stadium great set up

We’ve been at the City of Manchester Stadium/Etihad stadium for 20 years in July. In that time millions of fans have passed through the turnstiles for football matches and concerts. There have been millions of security checks. Thankfully there hasn’t been a terrorist incident outside or inside the ground. That isn’t down to stewards randomly asking the odd supporter to unzip their coats or to take off their hat. As I keep on pointing out, there are much easier targets in the city centre and outside the ground long before a suicide bomber gets to the point in the queue where a steward might randomly ask him or her to unzip their coat or to take their hat off.

Last edited:
We’ve been at the City of Manchester Stadium/Etihad stadium for 20 years in July. In that time millions of fans have passed through the turnstiles for football matches and concerts. There have been millions of security checks. Thankfully there hasn’t been a terrorist incident outside or inside the ground. That isn’t down to stewards randomly asking the odd supporter to unzip their coats or to take off their hat. As I keep on pointing out, there are much easier targets in the city centre and outside the ground long before a suicide bomber gets to the point in the queue where a steward might randomly ask him or her to unzip their coat or to take their hat off.
U keep saying suicide bomber,majority of terrorist attacks nowadays are knife attacks ,even using cars ,hence the reason for bollards everywhere you go now,which cells of them are getting thawted alot more than the public think from the security servies weekly,i went to the a academy stadium to watch the women the other week it was the same there,the uk works on a threat level right througout for all sporting events,this is not going to change anytime soon,there will be a security team following every move on cctv around the etihad that is a fact also in and around the city center,this is the world we live in now and it aint gonna change,sorry to disapoint you ,and that you have to unzip your coat and waste 4 seconds of your time to watch the best team in the world and be safe,have a good day enjoy the game,i will

It’s not really about preventing suicide bombers though is it. The bag restrictions are more effective for that. And security services intelligence.
More about a deterrent and to reduce the chances of some lunatic taking a knife in (would be carnage in an all seater stadium) and preventing pyro etc. it’s not a guarantee that it won’t happen but definitely reduces the odds. Probably helps people feel safer as well.
Can always open your coat and take your hat off while you’re in the queue, no point moaning at the security, they’re only doing their job and what they’re told to do.
Biggest problem for queues is not having enough turnstiles.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.