Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have they finished putting all the seats in yet? Looking at the pics from earlier posts it still looks like more seats to go in yet.

May seem a stupid question but the big gap between the stands, is this for the scoreboard?.
Yes and no. The scoreboards will go there but they can't easily put seats in that space anyway as I've explained before because of the cablenet stressing cables that reach out of the ground and would block part of the view where they come through the back of the stand and come up to the cablenet corners

BTW - I haven't seen any evidence yet of the two giant funnels we're supposed to be getting to drain rainwater away - anyone else seen anything?

Cheers mate, I stand corrected.

Nope.

You can submit an access statement with a building regs application to circumnavigate part m of the approved docs.

It could include:

That tier 1 it has better views/site lines
That Tier 1 is less problematic for access/egress in case of an emergency.
That a larger disabled allowance has been made on level one to hold the same number of disabled people on tiers one, two and three combined.
Etc, etc.

City have put 12(I think) more wheelchair bays along the back of level 1 NS, but zero in amongst the new seating. City claim this makes them 100% compliant with disabled access rules.

newly constructed grounds that have a capacity between 20,000 and 40,000 must have a minimum 150 wheelchair spaces, rising by three for every 1,000 seats above the 20,000 threshold. If the stadium has a capacity of more than 40,000, at least 210 wheelchair spaces should be made available.

IF (big if) we have 210, then at least 20 of these are in premium/corporate areas, and IMO shouldn't count towards the total.

It's not unusual for clubs to put disabled away fans in another area of the ground. I know at Loftus Road for example the disabled section is the the right (as you're in it) of the away fans stand.

It's not like your gonna get a full scale riot if they're sat near to home fans I suppose!

I wonder if the clubs will ever name the 3 remaining stands after any other of our players.

We have the Colin Bell stand. Surely the North and South Stands should be named after our 2 best keepers i.e. 2 from Swift, Trautmann, Corrigan, maybe even Joe Hart (Swift and Trautmann for me) and the East stand after any from Franny Lee, Mike Summerbee, Mike Doyle, Alan Oakes, Tony Book, Sergio Aguero, Vincent Kompany, David Silva, Roy Clarke, Roy Paul, Eric Brook, Peter Doherty, Sam Barkas, Sam Cowan, Tommy Johnson, Fred Tilson, Frank Roberts , Billy Gillespie, et al . We have though I believe Doyle, Young and Allison paths\streets\ways\drives within the CFA.

The club could name the 3 remaining stands after 3 more players and then let sponsors pay to sponsor each level within each stand i.e. The Frank Swift stand (now the South Stand) with Level 1 within it sponsored and given a sponsor name, Level 2 with a sponsor name and Level 3 with a sponsor name etc and similarity for all other stands. Thus opportunity to mark our history and gain further sponsorship income to help with FFP.

Actually a penalty spot could be named after Franny Lee !

City have put 12(I think) more wheelchair bays along the back of level 1 NS, but zero in amongst the new seating. City claim this makes them 100% compliant with disabled access rules.

IF (big if) we have 210, then at least 20 of these are in premium/corporate areas, and IMO shouldn't count towards the total.

We did have 199, so if they've recently added 12 that should make us compliant with the regs, though LPF recommend there should be 226.

Last edited:
The new stand, today (thanks to Howard Hockin for the photo):

CI2KGt6W8AADcLm.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.