Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another picture, from inside the new tier:

CI2KMySWIAAiRm5.jpg:large
Hopefully this is off the back row, as that old roof cable maybe be a pain in the arse if not !

Oh I dunno. Citizen Kane, Citizen Smith, Citizen Bidet and Citizen Camembert from 'Carry On Dont Lose Your Head'. Loads of potential.

Let's get back on Subject guys, if you want to debate stand naming and wheel chair spaces then I suggest creating separate debate topics. Any news or photos of South stand development

Let's get back on Subject guys, if you want to debate stand naming and wheel chair spaces then I suggest creating separate debate topics. Any news or photos of South stand development

Its a stadium development thread, not just south stand, those topics are perfectly relevant.

Its a stadium development thread, not just south stand, those topics are perfectly relevant.

get your point, just think he didn't want it the thread being hijacked with another topic (even if its related) when its just easier to start a fresh thread.

get your point, just think he didn't want it the thread being hijacked with another topic (even if its related) when its just easier to start a fresh thread.
They were all moved before Jacko1956 even posted, he must have had the thread open for awhile before posting.

Well, well, well.

What an informative visit that was yesterday.

I was one of the lucky ones to have been on the tour yesterday but I think I was the only one who recognised John Stemp (until the very end when he had all his PPE off) and so I decided to chat with him and the guy from Laing's whilst everyone else was taking on board what Dany Wilson had to say.

There was almost too much to see and to be honest a lot of it is just a case of "Wow, you're gonna be so impressed when you see it" and although we saw images of the look of the internals they are still very much at first fix for the services.

It seems like every trade was on-site and it really is a hive of activity.

They have the option to work until 11pm if the programme starts to slip so they are fully confident that all will be done in time.

The angle of the new stand is exactly the same as the existing 3rd tiers and when you get into the seating area it is a magnificent view, even from the back.

The back of the new stand is higher than the old level 3 heights but there is no sense of that and it would be impossible to say no to siting there at the price they ask.

For those interested in the roof and further expansion this is directly from the site agent in John Stemp's presence and will hopefully clear up a debate that was being had on this thread previously -

The corners are designed to be removed and are considered 'temporary' or best described as 'semi-permanent' the other end of the stadium will of course be done at some point. There are plans for the East and Colin Bell stands to be expanded and although there was no intention from the original stadium design for this to be done it is, as we all know, just a case of if the money is there it can be achieved. If/when the CB and E stands are expanded it will require a completely new roof structure and it is because of those considerations that the new corners are not 'fully permanent'.

Its a simple case of joining the dots there folks.

I will no doubt remember other bits and pieces too but for now that's it ;-)

Also passed by where they are laying the City Circle.

Those paid for discs will be in place at the foot of the new bridge for the season's start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.