Media bias against City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree, if there's a semantic issue then agenda or agendas is fine as people can have personal agendas; conspiracy I would argue is the contentious point. FFP is a clear conspiracy.

I suppose the term "The Agenda" is the contentious issue here, as it is all encompassing.

I think it would solve some of the arguments, and be more accurate, if we just renamed this thread "Media bias against City" and carried on from there.
If you really believed that you would have renamed the thread by now.

If you really believed that you would have renamed the thread by now.

To be honest, the only thing that's stopped me from doing it so far is that some people would probably point to the renaming of the thread as evidence that an agenda does indeed exist.

To be honest, the only thing that's stopped me from doing it so far is that some people would probably point to the renaming of the thread as evidence that an agenda does indeed exist.

Fuck them. Rename the thread.

Excellent post! It's great beng the strong silent type but every now and again we do need to step up to the plate and defend ourselves.

Totally agree... the rag/redtops are puppets of the plastic hoards and te rag/red PR machine (just take a look at the way Red dippers manipulated the story of Rahim's wanting a move, for example)

... we need to seriously challenge this negative propganda with as much vigour as needed...

not only has this recent hogwash convinced the average footy punter that we are 'the baddies'... FFS, I have even met some City fans who have bought the shyte as well

Time for the club to step up a gear BIG TIME..

Fuck them all lads/lasses the media rival fans let's stick together support the club has we always have done and keep ramming it down their throats by being successful :-)

I think almost everyone is in broad agreement that there is a media bias against City; it's the subjective term "agenda" that some take issue with.

I think it would solve some of the arguments, and be more accurate, if we just renamed this thread "Media bias against City" and carried on from there.

Totally agree that the term "agenda" is a misnomer.

I don't believe there are groups of reporters huddled round working out how they can all write negative articles about a specific club. However what I do believe is that by writing sensationalist headlines, either in the traditional print media or any online publisher, they do it to generate sales, readership, clicks etc. Is it about a specific club. No I don't believe so.

To make a daft comparison. We, as a Country, spent billions chucking missiles at Afghanistan, then spent the next years trying to win their hearts and minds. Kind of feels the same to me. Yeah, our very benevolent owners threw money at us but it is still taking time for the media to get over the shock and awe and understand the new hierarchy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.