Stadium Name

Hmmm...are you really from Manchester University?

I'm a bit suspicious! Manchester University ceased to exist when we merged with UMIST in 2004. We are now known as The University of Manchester, and our research teams would never refer to us as Manchester University. What's the name of your faculty and research team?
Plus as far as I know most universities are on their summer break....

Maine Road will always resonate with me as I went from 1953--2003. The City of Manchester Stadium was used rarely and the Media came up with Eastlands.
Even now if talking to friends, relatives or neighbours I still say - going to Maine Road - and they know what I mean.
I am happy with The Etihad - it has become known all over Europe and people are connecting it with Manchester City.

Thanks for all the posts. Some really interesting points made. Seems as though if Maine Road had been renamed (as they attempted with St James' Park) some of the sentiment would have been very different to naming the new stadium after a corporate partner.

Do City fans have any songs that they sing about the Etihad? Or songs about Maine Road that you still sing? Bolton fans still have a song about Burnden Park, so we were wondering if it's the same with City?

We should have called it 'The Bradford Bowl'.

'The Commonwealth stadium' sounds nice as well.

:/

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.