John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a position we don’t need to strengthen. And as a massive Denayer fan I think its currently set up nicely for him, Mangala and Kompany to fight it out over the coming years. With MDM retiring at some point.

That said, if a really good young English player is going to be transferred we should get involved with the discussion. If nothing else, to do Everton a favour, and make sure none of our rivals are getting a bargain.

It’s a position we don’t need to strengthen. And as a massive Denayer fan I think its currently set up nicely for him, Mangala and Kompany to fight it out over the coming years. With MDM retiring at some point.

That said, if a really good young English player is going to be transferred we should get involved with the discussion. If nothing else, to do Everton a favour, and make sure none of our rivals are getting a bargain.

It's one thing playing in a setup like Chelsea with loads of robotic protection, but stepping into our team & our open style, is a big ask. His recent performance for England U21 in a similar situation, he was absolutely awful. If he signed for us for big money, he would be expected to play & imo that could cause us a lot of problems.

It's one thing playing in a setup like Chelsea with loads of robotic protection, but stepping into our team & our open style, is a big ask. His recent performance for England U21 in a similar situation, he was absolutely awful. If he signed for us for big money, he would be expected to play & imo that could cause us a lot of problems.

i dont think he would, he's very good technically and coming out of the back with the ball. Based on last season he was brilliant, the whole england u21 campaign was a mess and he only played one game. he's better than demi and man gala and denayer right now for me, so i think wed be stupid not to.

i dont think he would, he's very good technically and coming out of the back with the ball. Based on last season he was brilliant, the whole england u21 campaign was a mess and he only played one game. he's better than demi and man gala and denayer right now for me, so i think wed be stupid not to.

Not as good as either Mangala or Demi for me, maybe one day. Denayer is a miles better footballer but unproven in the Prem. But so is Stones imo. He's better in the air than Denayer but he's had no kind of success playing in a team like ours & is thus just as much of a raw player for our purposes.

Honestly think our best move if Chelsea were to up their game is to buy him and send him back out on loan to Everton for a season of first team football ready for when demi leaves. Our future could very well be Denayer and stones.

Not as good as either Mangala or Demi for me, maybe one day. Denayer is a miles better footballer but unproven in the Prem. But so is Stones imo. He's better in the air than Denayer but he's had no kind of success playing in a team like ours & is thus just as much of a raw player.

i dont agree, he's ahead of denayer right now, denayer played in a shit league with barely any pressure on him, stones has proved how good he is and having watched him most weeks ( brothers a everton fan) he's a bloody brilliant footballer. Mangala was awful last season and relied on strength most of the time ,demi has been ok , but he's ageing and isn't going to get any better.

id say everton play pretty similar to us and he hasn't had much defensive cover anyway

Honestly think our best move if Chelsea were to up their game is to buy him and send him back out on loan to Everton for a season of first team football ready for when demi leaves. Our future could very well be Denayer and stones.
That's exactly what I'm thinking and I believe Everton would rather do this then sell him outright to Chelsea

i dont agree, he's ahead of denayer right now, denayer played in a shit league with barely any pressure on him, stones has proved how good he is and having watched him most weeks ( brothers a everton fan) he's a bloody brilliant footballer. Mangala was awful last season and relied on strength most of the time ,demi has been ok , but he's ageing and isn't going to get any better.

id say everton play pretty similar to us and he hasn't had much defensive cover anyway

Denayer played under pressure every week fighting for trophies whilst Stones pkayed mid table. Denayer played full international football & coped perfectly. Stones went to pieces at U21 level. Everton's defence is total shit & their weakest link. He plays in the middle of it.

He would get loads of protection at Chelsea but none at City. Any of our cbs could play mid table or for Chelsea.

I think he's much more suited to the way Chelsea play, compared to the way City play.
That could arguably said of any centre half in the world though. Chelsea's centre backs get so much more protection from their midfield purely because of their shape.

I don't think we need Stones but wouldn't like to see him at Chelsea either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.