UEFA Disciplinary Hearing today

Fifa vice-president Michel Platini could be facing a life ban from football, according to his lawyer.

The suspended Uefa chief is serving a 90-day suspension on corruption charges alongside outgoing Fifa president Sepp Blatter, while Fifa's adjudicatory committee considers its verdict.

Platini's lawyer Thibaud d'Ales said the ethics investigators' "excessive" recommendations are a "scandal".

The adjudicatory committee intends to announce its verdict next month.

The Frenchman is facing sanctions over a "disloyal payment" that saw Platini, 60, receive £1.35m from Blatter, 79, in 2011 for consultation work done nine years earlier.

The pair, who are serving 90-day provisional bans, have denied any wrongdoing, but admitted there was no written contract
It couldn't happen to a nicer pair.

A scenario occurred to me as I was trying to make sense of how the American's who still call armoured rugby football and football soccer, got involved in this whole FIFA crisis in the first place. As far as I'm aware, FIFA doesn't belong to a country so by which national/international laws (if any) was it governed under? The American's sent in the FBI under the guise of bribes being paid in American dollars brought the transactions under US federal law. All the same the whole situation has always stunk to me and not made much sense. The American's getting involved under the aforementioned guise seemed about as flaky as their reasons to search for WMD's.

Anyway what seems just as plausible to me is UEFA fuck about with a wealthy and influential nation state under the guise of FFP and FIFA piss everyone off by blatantly rigging voting procedures for World Cup bidding. A Sheikh who's pissed off with it all and sees FFP as a petty small minded attack on his country has a word with his cowboy mates who are always up for a scrap especially where money and oil are concerned and those who have crossed the Sheikh are picked off one by one and their careers destroyed in one fell swoop.

FIFA then piss off the UK and accuse us of sour grapes because we didn't win either the 2018 or 2022 World Cup bids even though it was widely suspected the whole process was bent from the beginning. We have a word with our cowboy mates and they make the case for FIFA corruption and come crashing down on them.

If FIFA had any sense, they shouldn't have pissed off America's oldest ally regarding World Cup voting and UEFA shouldn't have pissed off an oil rich state who have the largest sovereign wealth fund in the world. Lesson well and truly learned mithinks.

Last edited:

A scenario occurred to me as I was trying to make sense of how the American's who still call armoured rugby football and football soccer, got involved in this whole FIFA crisis in the first place. As far as I'm aware, FIFA doesn't belong to a country so by which national/international laws (if any) was it governed under? The American's sent in the FBI under the guise of bribes being paid in American dollars brought the transactions under US federal law. All the same the whole situation has always stunk to me and not made much sense. The American's getting involved under the aforementioned guise seemed about as flaky as their reasons to search for WMD's.

Anyway what seems just as plausible to me is UEFA fuck about with a wealthy and influential nation state under the guise of FFP and FIFA piss everyone off by blatantly rigging voting procedures for World Cup bidding. A Sheikh who's pissed off with it all and sees FFP as a petty small minded attack on his country has a word with his cowboy mates who are always up for a scrap especially where money and oil are concerned and those who have crossed the Sheikh are picked off one by one and their careers destroyed in one fell swoop.

FIFA then piss off the UK and accuse us of sour grapes because we didn't win either the 2018 or 2022 World Cup bids even though it was widely suspected the whole process was bent from the beginning. We have a word with our cowboy mates and they make the case for FIFA corruption and come crashing down on them.

If FIFA had any sense, they shouldn't have pissed off America's oldest ally regarding World Cup voting and UEFA shouldn't have pissed off an oil rich state who have the largest sovereign wealth fund in the world. Lesson well and truly learned mithinks.

I think you are on to something there When Khaldoon said we will take a pinch there was a glint in his eye, one thing one should never do is piss-off a rich man because they always get their revenge might not be obvious or straight away but it will happen. Our rich man has connections as well, let's hope Platini reflects on his FFP and realises where he went wrong

Would love that to be true.

Don't go pissing off Sheikh Mansour ;)

I would be fantastic however, I'd guess that the Americans were made aware that the 2022 WC was snatched away from them after originally being backhanded to them but I'd much prefer to think it's 'City ruining FIFA since 2008' ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.