Forum suggestions and feedback

This is something i've asked for before, it was really handy on the old forum.

I have looked into this, but the only add-on I've found relies on avatars being enabled, which they're not at present. I'm fairly sure someone cleverer than me, like @Damocles, could do it relatively easily though.

Is there any chance of returning to the 100 post/thread starting thingy? It might just deter some of the more troublesome cunts from inviting themselves in on a piss take mission.
Ric knows the numbers, but they are still in place, and I'm sure he'll correct me if I'm wrong, but we did have an unseen issue when the software changed, that those who joined before the move, were no longer counted as 'new', so a few, and its not many, have sneaked through to be able to start threads without the required amount.

Uncomfortable visions of air traffic stopping by 95% and the Lear jet being repossessed eh? :)

I'm not an unreasonable man, but expecting me to survive on just the one yacht rather than two strikes me as being grossly unfair. I want an Armada, godammit.

On a serious note, this has nothing to do with traffic to the site. That's remained pretty constant over the last two years. It's not about attracting new users either really. The bigger concern is existing users who have decided they can't be arsed any more. Obviously people always come and go on a forum like this, but I can't just turn a blind eye when a number of respected former posters say there is a problem.

I'm not an unreasonable man, but expecting me to survive on just the one yacht rather than two strikes me as being grossly unfair. I want an Armada, godammit.

On a serious note, this has nothing to do with traffic to the site. That's remained pretty constant over the last two years. It's not about attracting new users either really. The bigger concern is existing users who have decided they can't be arsed any more. Obviously people always come and go on a forum like this, but I can't just turn a blind eye when a number of respected former posters say there is a problem.

Which problem? The needy histrionics, the aggression or the lack of a go to page button?

Anyone else picking up on a strong vibe that they have to stop posting shite?
Speak for yourself; I never have posted shite.
ABANDON-THREAD.gif

Is it possible, @Damocles?

It's an extra load on the server but it is pretty easy to build into the software given a bit of time for testing and agreement from the Big Boss Man. But I'd like to explore the server load issues before coming down definitively.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.