It's not Pellers..It's not even the team..

Short answer - Injuries have impacted on us obviously but it's up to the manager to get the best out of the players available to him
Right to a point. But OP's point still stands. How can you get the best out of a team that can barely field a starting 11 with people dropping like flies right and left. We are also in 4th with a shot at the title plus knockout rounds of the Champions League. I know it's not what we are used to but damn, I honestly believe he working with the best he has. Could he have done better in some scenarios, yes. But we are hanging in there. This forum is starting to feel like we are a club in crisis and about to get relegated. We have been through much worse.

Gen question. Do you believe the manager is useless, or put another way, has limited experience for our needs or do you think he is a good manager under performing?

Tactically useless and his efforts to keep the big name players happy is starting to back fire

I think he just underestimates nearly every team we play! I know we won our champions league group but we shouldn't have even gone through lucky away to gladbach and home to sevilla his tactics are wrong 8 out of 10 and that is simply not good enough!

Maybe I didn,t ask the question correctly. Do you think he is a manager whos experience is lacking for our needs or a good manager who is underperformimg

Neither I just think he isn't a very good manager, a yes man lacking bottle, a safe pair of hands whose one way of playing has kept him ticking along for years and years, I call him pellekeegan because that is what he is.

Nice bloke though

It's not all down to injuries its just a combination of things all going against us at once not allowing us to get a run of form going for long. Injuries is probably up at the top of the list though, we've never been able to have a settled team which is kind of important(look at Leicester they know their best team and stick to it and it works) everyone's been in and out of the team the moment we look like we could be turning a corner.

We should do a list of things that are going wrong for us to explain why we keep having these dips in performance.

For me its:

1)Injuries
2)Over reliant on key players, when Kompany, Aguero and to some extent Silva are out it doesn't take long for the team to stop playing their game.
3)Aging players not keeping up with the demands(lots of games), Yaya, Demichelis and Kolorov
4)Managers team selections, especially against rapid teams.
5)Manager leaving it too late for tactical changes

I can't believe people are doubting Silva personally though I think he's been playing through injury, he was having a great season up until his spell out it can't be just a coincidence.

Although we have been greatly impacted by injuries, we still need to look at some of the inadequacies of the manager and Txiki and management team totally underestimating the league. They have stood still and expected us to breeze through and then go big when Pep arrives. We have just not recruited in he areas we need to.

If I was Txiki, Soriano, Khaldoon and Manuel, my arse would be going big time as we are not guaranteed anything especially with the injuries and the fact that their are teams who know how to do us.

Neither I just think he isn't a very good manager, a yes man lacking bottle, a safe pair of hands whose one way of playing has kept him ticking along for years and years, I call him pellekeegan because that is what he is.

Nice bloke though
He's only a safe pair of hands if he keeps us in the top 4 (actually top 3 really). Lose on Sunday and the reality is that we aren't fighting for a title, we are fighting for our top 4 status.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.