Mark Clattenburg

Around 4 years ago Viera said this on behalf of the club
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/17540540

Then members of this forum organised by points of Blue(?) were invited to a meeting with Mike Reilly the head of PGMOL. I recall after that meeting the people who went were told these referees roadshows would continue around the country at various clubs. This never happened. Others may correct me that the people that attended were told not to say anything on here about it, despite BM pushing for the meeting!

We need someone with the club who has media kudos but isn't directly involved with the first team to start the ball rolling again. Either that or we are gonna let it go this season and Pep will be the mouthpiece next season.

Around 4 years ago Viera said this on behalf of the club
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/17540540

Then members of this forum organised by points of Blue(?) were invited to a meeting with Mike Reilly the head of PGMOL. I recall after that meeting the people who went were told these referees roadshows would continue around the country at various clubs. This never happened. Others may correct me that the people that attended were told not to say anything on here about it, despite BM pushing for the meeting!

I was at the meeting with Mike Reilly which was organised by the club in conjunction with the referee's association and it was effectively a "pilot" for a roadshow which the referee's association were intending to roll.out to a wider audience. As you say, we were asked not to say anything presumably in order to preserve its freshness for subsequent audiences. It appears to have withered on the vine which is a shame because it was very instructive.

One of the things Reilly repeatedly emphasised, and which I have had cause to remember many times since, was how closely the association works with the Premier League to maintain the value of the top flight English game. He said they study every sport and every league to identify what makes the EPL the best and try to ensure it stays the best. He didn't mention, of course, Scudamore's contention that the decline of Manchester United is harmful to the worldwide appeal of the Premier League, a problem, no doubt, referees can assist in mitigating.

As far as I'm aware Scudamore hasn't said anything negative about City and is known to have met Sheikh Mansour, but who knows how far the influence of the signatories of the infamous Arsenal letter goes. My guess is, right to the heart from what we are seeing unfold and I doubt complaining about it will be met with anything other than derision.

It also hit his arm because he jumps and does the funky chicken.
Rebounded onto his underarm from his back, some skill to do that intentionally.

Think about this, a player get the ball belted into his bollocks, the ball bounces from there onto his foot as he collapses, the keeper picks the ball up. ..........it's not a back pass just like its not a pen.

What about the four cards he could have dished out to City players before finally dishing out one to Dier. As I said Clattenberg's a ****, he's always been a ****, but City benefitted from him being a **** as well.

Reading your post it feels as though you weren't really following the flow and pace of the game in the 1st half. There were a number of fouls in the first 30 mins by both teams that on other days could have been Yellow cards but Clattenburg decided to let the first borderline tackles go with just a word in the offenders ear. He did this for both sides. Oh and by the way, Dier is a dirty twat. As much as I dislike Tom Cleverley, the tackle from Dier earlier on in the season at WHL resulting in Cleverley being stretched off was a disgrace. Dier is nothing more than a yard dog.

Concerned referees' governing body looking into Clattenburg joining a talent agency that also represents players. Via Ducker from the Times.

i very rarely get wound up about referees and certainly don't envy them their job. Banging on about 'decisions we should have had' is largely irrelevant. What matters are positive decisions being made that should NOT have been. From every angle I've seen he cannot have seen where that ball hit Sterling. He threw out the referees one legitimate defence of not seeing it and moved on to the indefensible option of making it up or guessing. Similarly with the offsides (and I've not seen these as they were in the other half to my seat) but giving offsides that aren't is again indefensible. If the benefit of the doubt has to go to the attacking team, they should never flag a forward offside if unsure. We should see many goals where the 4th reply shows a players big toe is offside but none disallowed where the replay shows them onside. If it hasn't happened, how can they see it? And if they can't/haven't seen it, how can they give it?

I really think Sky love to chuck fuel onto a bit of controversy because they love a bit of drama. You can clearly see Sterling flaps his elbow out and that is why the ball hits the underside of his arm - as soon as it does he tries to tuck it back in. I could understand it not being given but it really wasn't the controversy that Sky tried to make out it was. I should think Tottenham fans were equally pissed off that Yaya was still on the pitch after committing at least two yellow card tackles, and two other yellow card fouls went unpunished by City players before Dier was then booked for Tottenham's first similar offence.

Personally I think Clattenberg is an absolutely wank ref and cannot understand how he's supposedly become one of the the EPL's highest regarded and yesterday he made several poor decisions, but I don't think the handball was the one of them, Sterling was stupid to flap a wing out like that and turning your back as you do it doesn't make it legit.

But it didn't hit his fucking arm you plum! And the idea that Ya Ya not being booked is in anyway comparable to Tottenham being effectively given a free goal is too laughable for words

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.