Mark Clattenburg

Came across this site. It claims we are +4 in favorable ref decisions this season, and #4 in the league of most favored (guess who is #1). Beggars belief IMO. They do agree that Sunday's penalty was incorrect and also Sterling's injury time non-penalty vs. Everton, but they say the Zabaleta vs. Leicester was debatable so correct decision. Of course, there is no mention of the incorrect Aguero offsides yesterday which arguably also turned the game when we had great momentum.

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/ref-review-the-incorrect-decisions-from-week-26

As far as I know, it does not take into account the context of the decision. For example, the referee's decision would become more important in a close game, for example on Saturday than it would be in a high scoring game.

On Clatterburg, I was a bit surprised that he didn't go and celebrate with his team at the away end after the game.

There's a massive anomaly in the modern game between what players get and officials. I read that a top ref is around £85k per year. Linesmen get significantly less. This is a big wage to most of us, but it must be difficult trying to command respect from players when even the kids on the bench are earning as much as you.

I feel some refs carry this imbalance onto the pitch, especially Clattenberg. It's effectively having amateur referees, hence the amateur decisions. Plus it leaves refs open to temptation to make a quick buck.

The answer is to have a professional European wide set of referees and assistants, paid from a central fund and prevented from any other work or association with an agent that might be conflicting with their primary role.

Then we might see improvement in standards, and Clattenberg, Madeley and the other clowns can then either work in the conference or Albania where their talents fit.

What about the four cards he could have dished out to City players before finally dishing out one to Dier. As I said Clattenberg's a ****, he's always been a ****, but City benefitted from him being a **** as well.

Check the facts. We get far more bookings than opposition players do in most gamesmdespite dominating possession.

Make of that what you will.

Check the facts. We get far more bookings than opposition players do in most gamesmdespite dominating possession.

Make of that what you will.

I don't think checking facts are part of his remit mate. Check out the joining date (same day we played Spurs away) and the number of posts. Wumming cockney twat. Surprised the mods haven't given him the shepherd's crook yet

Read the site for years, but Sunday, along with all those saying it was just an error has forced me to join!

I have no idea if Clattenburg made a genuine mistake or something more sinister. However, this season has got to the point where I expect decisions like this to happen, rather than be shocked by them.

Over the years there have been many betting scandals in other countries, Italy being the main one that comes to mind. It may have been Vialli years back who mentioned that if a bad decision happens in Italy the public response is always that the ref has been bought, whilst over here we just assume the ref made a 'human error'.

This may have been a happy/naive way to be many years back, but with the mass of money and interest in the Premier League from the Far East, the 2 questions I would ask are:

If I was involved in betting and wanted to influence results to make money, would I do this in Italy, where everyone is suspicious. Or would I do it in England where anybody who suspects cheating gets laughed at?

Secondly, if I want to influence results in big games, who do I 'buy'? Multi-millionaire players, or less well paid refs and linesmen?

Not saying it's happening, but it's daft to rule it out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.