Mark Clattenburg

Forensic onions is def a Spurs fan. He fancies himself somewhat as a stats man and posted on here originally with links to his blog. Simply, he was looking for traffic.The problem was he was drawing incorrect conclusions from the stats he was using. Talking bollocks. As he is now.
Spurs fan and stats you say; that's unusual.

BBC Sport is reporting (in its gossip section) that Clattenberg is under investigation by the ref's governing body for potential conflict of interest, because he has signed for an agency that also represents players. He's never been entirely free from the fear that his rather eventful off field affairs might influence his refereeing and for one of our two referees at the Euros he's got an awful lot of real "howlers" to his name, going back at leaest ten years.

At least one was one that could or couldn't be given, as has happened in the past many times. His head might have been offside, but it was marginal at best. I don't think that that is a terrible error - some you get, some you don't.

It seems most linesmen err on the side of caution and, if in doubt, flag it as offside rather than not. There's always an element of doubt as to whether a goal would have been scored if play is stopped whereas its clear an error has been made if a goal is scored and the player is later shown to be offside.

BBC Sport is reporting (in its gossip section) that Clattenberg is under investigation by the ref's governing body for potential conflict of interest, because he has signed for an agency that also represents players. He's never been entirely free from the fear that his rather eventful off field affairs might influence his refereeing and for one of our two referees at the Euros he's got an awful lot of real "howlers" to his name, going back at leaest ten years.

Yeah, that's out and about here and there. Pretty odd that a referee needs an agent.

Sitting in the South Stand, we were too far away to see, but the fans in the East Stand were convinced. As for the penalty decision, we could see & it stank to high heaven. Still too pissed off to watch the whole match again.
The offsides in the second half were right in front of us. At the time, I thought they were all onside as did most of the east stand. Watched it carefully on freeze frame afterwards and the first was marginally offside I thought. The second was clearly onside and would have given Aguero the clearest chance. The third was marginally onside. But given that the linesman has to be sure, I would say he should have let them all go. That he flagged immediately for all three tells me he had a preset agenda.

It seems most linesmen err on the side of caution and, if in doubt, flag it as offside rather than not. There's always an element of doubt as to whether a goal would have been scored if play is stopped whereas its clear an error has been made if a goal is scored and the player is later shown to be offside.

Agree with that. The split second of ball strike and the linesman focussing on his man is often next to impossible to judge. I know I've seen two different channels claims different judgements, de Bruyne at Spurs being one.

Forensic onions is def a Spurs fan. He fancies himself somewhat as a stats man and posted on here originally with links to his blog. Simply, he was looking for traffic.The problem was he was drawing incorrect conclusions from the stats he was using. Talking bollocks. As he is now.
Maybe he could give us an insight into how much of a sly, cheating b'stard Rose was, by trying to gain an advantage when we'd stopped playing.

At least one was one that could or couldn't be given, as has happened in the past many times. His head might have been offside, but it was marginal at best. I don't think that that is a terrible error - some you get, some you don't.

I posted this just after the game:

Unfortunately Sky didn't replay this one and I couldn't freeze it at the moment the ball was kicked - this is 1/2 a second after Yaya kicked it. And even then you can see Aguero is clearly on side (note the Spurs defender just out of shot on the left). He was even more on side when the ball was kicked.

Now look at where the official is. He can see perfectly well that Aguero is onside, and yet he raises his flag. Basically, he's bent.

2mffd55.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.