US Presidential Race 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not even sure Trump would identify as a republican and that may be the most telling thing about his nomination. He could have sought the nomination of either party which raises the most interesting question about this fiasco. Why did he run as a republican and not a democrat? I think the reasons are simple and obvious, republican voters are much less intelligent and therefore much easier to fool. For years the party leadership has had these poor dumb rubes voting against their own best interests by using veiled racism, by pretending to be Christians and by making them believe that the democrats would take their guns. So he basically took the veil off of the racism, stood in front of a fundamentalist Christian crowd and said how much he loves The Bible and then quoted "Two Corinthians" and then goes on and on about how guns will solve all of our problems.

And somehow those three issues (racism, God and guns) convince them to vote for people who are in favor of keeping their wages low, block their access to healthcare, send their kids off to die in meaningless wars, poison their drinking water, ruin the environment and work tirelessly to cut spending on education.

He saw how a generation of these poorly educated morons have been brainwashed by the blatant lies of Fox News and right-wing radio and realized that they would make the perfect target for his next con job.

Trying to dissuade potential Trump voters by calling them stupid is an ironically stupid idea.

I think Trump caters for the disillusioned more than anything. I also don't think he has any substance whatsoever but it's telling that enough people are disillusioned to prevent the Republicans from having a political presidential candidate. I also think that that will mean he runs Hillary close.

Trying to dissuade potential Trump voters by calling them stupid is an ironically stupid idea.

I think Trump caters for the disillusioned more than anything. I also don't think he has any substance whatsoever but it's telling that enough people are disillusioned to prevent the Republicans from having a political presidential candidate. I also think that that will mean he runs Hillary close.
He calls them stupid all the time and it doesn't get through to them so there's no chance I will make a difference.

I said Trump would get the nomination and I've seen nothing from Hilary to suggest he won't be the next president either.

As some others have posted, he could be running as a democrat or republican, and he will appeal to a wider spectrum as a result.

If he goes with Rubio or Ben Carson as his running-mate, it would be a very astute choice.

I said Trump would get the nomination and I've seen nothing from Hilary to suggest he won't be the next president either.

As some others have posted, he could be running as a democrat or republican, and he will appeal to a wider spectrum as a result.

If he goes with Rubio or Ben Carson as his running-mate, it would be a very astute choice.

He'll ruin Hillary with the Benghazi and email scandals

Carsons a good shout for VP

Hillary will defeat him and it will be an absolute landslide, even if she is a poor campaigner.

I think you're right. As I stated the republican primary was meant to play to stupid, uninformed people which probably makes up half of their membership. The problem he'll have is that most Americans realize that it's not a good idea to vote for somebody because they think it's funny when they make fun of people and show off their stupidity by not understanding issues. Most Americans know that it's impossible to build and maintain a wall like he's describing and that it's certainly impossible to round up 11 million people and deport them.

I will concede that there are dummies and poorly educated people on both sides but the ones who vote democrat are at least smart enough to vote for their own best interests.

He'll ruin Hillary with the Benghazi and email scandals

Carsons a good shout for VP
Carson's a terrible shout as VP. The role of the vice president is as the chief manipulator and organiser of the Senate. That is where he spends his time; nothing sexy or statesman like about that job. It needs an experienced litigator from that world to do it. A quirk in Merkan politics is that they like to elect a President from one party but the local reps are from the other party. It means it needs lots of give and take and compromise and smoke filled room deals to get anything done. That needs an old head Congress type person to achieve it. Trump, being a total Washington novice, will need someone of that ilk more than others, and Carson would be the worst choice. Hopefully, he chooses him. That should be the end of him.

I think it's going to be close. Although he's a nutter, the American public think that with him, you get what you see on the tin, and they like that. It's the very thing they despise about Hilary; she's super smooth and smarmy and they don't trust a single word coming from her lips.

So their choice is indeed a tough one - a lunatic or someone who can't be trusted. It will be a close call I think, but ultimately I think sanity will prevail... just, and Hilary will edge it.

Incidentally, if the nutter does win, I don't think it will be quite the unmitigated disaster everyone imagines. He's sure to tone it down a bit in the election proper and should he get into office. And although many of his policies are idiotic and potentially dangerous, he'd probably be good for the American economy and as a knock on effect, the world economy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.