Mikel Arteta

Yep I have no idea if he will make a good coach or not but he is clearly someone who has a fairly extensive knowledge of the premiership and who Pep appears to know and trust so it looks a promising appointment. How it will turn out in reality is anyone's guess but I don't think lack of immediate affinity to the club is a concern to me.
Affinity doesn't even come into it, it is something dreamt up by some fans. What, for example, affinity does Pep have to us, or Pellegrini before him or Mancini before him. What is important is competence in the position they are employed in.

Meldrew got rinsed.

I thought Manning made himself look very vulnerable on the Mrs Merton show. She ambushed him, no doubt about that, but I thought he had more about him than to start going on about how much money he earned and what venues he'd played in the past. He made himself look like a bit of a **** tbh, and showed that perhaps he wasn't as confident or as happy with himself as he liked to make out. He sounded a bit like a Liverpool fan telling everyone how many titles they won in the 80s.

Glad we've got back to talking about football rather than the fat, unfunny, racist Manning.[/QUOTE

Manning was a product of his times. Most people if we use today's values were racist.

Who is to say in 50 years time our current values could not be seen totally different. What would we all then be classed as

Well hopefully Arteta will be able to see that we could work better with a 3 man midfield. Jokes apart, I think he would be good to have in the dressing room.

There was a really good documentary on TalkSport last week (there's something I never thought I'd say!) called 'A Very Spanish Revolution'. It features Arteta and gives a great insight into the kind of person he is. Also briefly talks about his time at La Masia with Pep. Well worth a listen and I'm glad to have him involved at City.

Edit: Here it is for anyone who's interested: http://talksport.com/football/podca...zka-mendieta-mikel-arteta-and-hector-bellerin

Affinity doesn't even come into it, it is something dreamt up by some fans. What, for example, affinity does Pep have to us, or Pellegrini before him or Mancini before him. What is important is competence in the position they are employed in.
Well said.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.