Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ I'd totally dismissed the idea of building a new stadium, and the lack of movement on the collar site, ASDA seemingly staying put and Mubdala pulling out a couple of large investments in Manchester doesn't exactly fill me with me confidence. This thread went from 'mind blowing' to 'windswept sink holes' over the past year. Managing expectations or a new reality...
I've read contradicting reports on the 'scaling back' of projects in Abu Dhabi (seems to me they're carrying on with most of their plans), but I simply don't know what they have in score for the wider campus now (Manchester Life is full steam ahead). The sheer number of apartments going up in the city (planned and spades in ground) would suggest a larger audience for both a leisure destination and stadium capacity increase in the long term.

They're only temporary. They can't put up a proper roof there at the moment because the cable net comes in right through the corner.

The plan is that in 15 years or so, when the sides are done, that they'll be able to remove the old cable next and complete the corners as they do the sides.

15 years of a tacky, half-finished job when Abu Dhabi can do so much better.

Comparing the effort they put into their F1 track and the effort they put in to Etihad Stadium & the leisure site in 8 years, well there's no comparison.

They should have done the whole thing in one go and sod empty seats jibes, Spurs, Chelsea, Madrid, Barca will all have better stadiums than us even when we're finished.

There would have been thousands more tickets to give back to the local people at affordable prices who they've priced out in recent years, but no, we have to make do with a takeaway tray of a roof and a half-finished South Stand for over a decade. What an impression we'll make on the world stage whilst the others show off their brand new, purpose built arenas.

As UAE are nvolved in the Yemen conflict as a GCC member and have suffered losses, not that many perhaps.. say 60 soldiers dead in action but given that there is just 1.4m Emiratis it´s comparable to thousands of dead UK troops to the general mood surrounding non necessary spendings, in particular abroad.

15 years of a tacky, half-finished job when Abu Dhabi can do so much better.

Comparing the effort they put into their F1 track and the effort they put in to Etihad Stadium & the leisure site in 8 years, well there's no comparison.

They should have done the whole thing in one go and sod empty seats jibes, Spurs, Chelsea, Madrid, Barca will all have better stadiums than us even when we're finished.

There would have been thousands more tickets to give back to the local people at affordable prices who they've priced out in recent years, but no, we have to make do with a takeaway tray of a roof and a half-finished South Stand for over a decade. What an impression we'll make on the world stage whilst the others show off their brand new, purpose built arenas.

I can only assume this is some kind of post-modern satirical wind up holding a mirror to the increasing sense of entitlement among City fans?

It can't be serious, surely?

We've got the best owners in the history of football. Took us from mid table obscurity to Premier League champions in 3 years. Bought us a galaxy of players we could only dream about. Have just appointed the best manager in the world. Have spent over £500m improving the infrastructure of the club, extending the stadium at huge cost to increase affordable tickets for local fans. Built the best football training and youth facility in the world, while helping to re-develop a contaminated local eyesore. Invested more in to the local community than any club in the country.

And you're complaining about some snagging issues and a roof that doesn't match? Yeh, it's got to be a wind up.

I can only assume this is some kind of post-modern satirical wind up holding a mirror to the increasing sense of entitlement among City fans?

We've got the best owners in the history of football. Took us from mid table obscurity to Premier League champions in 3 years. Bought us a galaxy of players we could only dream about. Have just appointed the best manager in the world. Have spent over £500m improving the infrastructure of the club, extending the stadium at huge cost to increase affordable tickets for local fans. Built the best football training and youth facility in the world, while helping to re-develop a contaminated local eyesore. Invested more in to the local community than any club in the country.

And you're complaining about some snagging issues and a roof that doesn't match? Yeh, it's got to be a wind up.

LOL...Well he does have a point, I mean who will ever forget the national embarassment when we ran out of chips! Our detractors will never let us forget "Chipgate".

http://metro.co.uk/2011/11/19/manch...r-club-runs-out-of-chips-vs-newcastle-225470/

Manchester City fans in uproar after club runs out of chips vs Newcastle

Chanting in the second half included such gems from the City faithful towards their Newcastle contemporaries as: ‘You ate all our chips, you ate all our chips, you fat b*******, you fat b******* – you ate all our chips!’

Last edited:

Funny as fuck, he nearly had me.

Post of the week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.