Kelechi Iheanacho

If you don't think it was awful management under Hughes playing the shite in front of him then you are deluded.

Nacho has had one season, a season he hasn't played an awful lot, far too little in my opinion anyway so you cant say he's not been injured so he is ahead of him. Everything these days needs to be compared on here, not too sure why.
Of course the management was poor, but the point stands. He didn't force his way in to become a regular when he had relatively poor competition from the likes of Vassell, Ched Evans and Caicedo.

Of course the management was poor, but the point stands. He didn't force his way in to become a regular when he had relatively poor competition from the likes of Vassell, Ched Evans and Caicedo.

Down to a manager picking that mess ahead of him. Has it been Nachos fault this season when Bony has had more game time than him? No, does it mean he didn't warrant to play ahead of Bony? No, does it mean he didn't force his way in? No you can only play if the manager picks you.

Down to a manager picking that mess ahead of him. Has it been Nachos fault this season when Bony has had more game time than him? No, does it mean he didn't warrant to play ahead of Bony? No, does it mean he didn't force his way in? No you can only play if the manager picks you.
That's true. But Nacho has been good enough to eventually force his way into the starting line up ahead of much better players than the likes of Caicedo, Vassell and Evans. They both had to put up with playing second fiddle to less talented players. Point is, one made a big impact in almost every game he played in, scoring at a rate of better than 1 goal per game, whereas the other showed flashes of potential brilliance before leaving to spend the next few years pulling splinters out of his arse.

My argument is fairly simple. Somebody said Sturridge was 'much better' than Nacho at the same age. I think that's unsubstantiated nonsense and the claim falls apart the second you even attempt to scrutinise it. It's based on a very selective memory and not much else.

That's true. But Nacho has been good enough to eventually force his way into the starting line up ahead of much better players than the likes of Caicedo, Vassell and Evans. They both had to put up with playing second fiddle to less talented players. Point is, one made a big impact in almost every game he played in, scoring at a rate of better than 1 goal per game, whereas the other showed flashes of potential brilliance before leaving to spend the next few years pulling splinters out of his arse.

My argument is fairly simple. Somebody said Sturridge was 'much better' than Nacho at the same age. I think that's unsubstantiated nonsense and the claim falls apart the second you even attempt to scrutinise it. It's based on a very selective memory and not much else.

Sturridge had more natural talent than Nacho will ever have. Doesn't mean he can't become a very good striker but Sturridge takes some beating when it comes to pure talent as a striker.

Sturridge had more natural talent than Nacho will ever have. Doesn't mean he can't become a very good striker but Sturridge takes some beating when it comes to pure talent as a striker.
In what sense though? What's he naturally better at? More tricks? His pure talent as a striker has only ever amounted to one season where he has bettered Nacho's goal or assist tally in his first season as a professional player.

Not sure if serious....

Absolute drivel.... Nacho already is superior to him as an instinctive striker, also in and around the 6 yard box... Sturridge is the superior finisher at this stage, I'd say that's to be expected with the 8 years difference in experience..

Nacho has all the attributes (potentially) to be a world class player, sturridge isn't even close to that level, never was!!!

Absolute drivel.... Nacho already is superior to him as an instinctive striker, also in and around the 6 yard box... Sturridge is the superior finisher at this stage, I'd say that's to be expected with the 8 years difference in experience..

Nacho has all the attributes (potentially) to be a world class player, sturridge isn't even close to that level, never was!!!
Agreed, also Nacho's anticipation(goal poaching), off the ball movement and ability for assists(picking the right pass) is already or likely to exceed anything we've seen from Sturridge.

Agree apart from Sturridge not being close to world class. He's a top player when he's fit and firing. His goal scoring record speaks for itself.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.