Kelechi Iheanacho

You didn't, but he is a striker. He also has more assists than Sturridge managed in a City shirt....in less games too. Stats are useless though when you have nostalgia to fall back on.
Heres a couple of stats, Aguero never had player of the year or in team of the season this year is Vardy a better player than Aguero or Harry Kane a better player for scoring more goals in the Prem.

You didn't, but he is a striker. He also has more assists than Sturridge managed in a City shirt....in less games too. Stats are useless though when you have nostalgia to fall back on.

Sturridge played in a team with Ched Evans and Vassell

Heres a couple of stats, Aguero never had player of the year or in team of the season this year is Vardy a better player than Aguero or Harry Kane a better player for scoring more goals in the Prem.
No but that's because you have compared players who are hugely different. Vardy has only had one season at a high level. Kane has had two, and if he continues to score at the rate he has been doing, in 4 or 5 years time it would be sensible to suggest he is of similar class to Aguero.

Iheanacho vs a 19 year old Sturridge is a very different debate. You made the claim that Sturridge was much better. Not slightly better, but much better. And i simply highlighted that Iheanacho is quite far ahead of him in terms of goals and assists in a similar amount of games. He also has a stronger youth pedigree winning the Golden Ball and the Silver Boot at the u17 World Cup in 2013. I'd consider that achievement to rank higher than anything Sturridge produced at a similar age. Furthermore, Iheanacho is relegating £20m-£30m players to the bench. Sturridge had a hard enough time relegating Ched Evans and Darius Vassell to the bench.

And had a hard time getting games ahead of them. Iheanacho is getting games ahead of £20m, £30m and one £49m player.

If you don't think it was awful management under Hughes playing the shite in front of him then you are deluded.

He also played in teams with Robinho, so what? Both players are very talented, for me the advantage Kelechi has so far is there's been no sign of the repeated injury issues that have dogged Sturridge's career.

Nacho has had one season, a season he hasn't played an awful lot, far too little in my opinion anyway so you cant say he's not been injured so he is ahead of him. Everything these days needs to be compared on here, not too sure why.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.