Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not an ugly stadium inside. The roof looks spectacular. Plus the setting is pretty impressive.

Outside you have to bear in mind that the upper tier was designed to be temporary and was supposed to have been removed after the Olympics when the capacity was reduced. It was also supposed to have a giant LED wrap right around the stadium but this was abandoned because of cost.

I haven't really seen it from the outside and to be fair I haven't visited it, I'm going off what I've seen on tv and photos and think it looks awful on the inside. I quite like West Ham too so it's not a hatred thing, I just really dislike it as a stadium. I might change my mind when I go there next season though.

I haven't really seen it from the outside and to be fair I haven't visited it, I'm going off what I've seen on tv and photos and think it looks awful on the inside. I quite like West Ham too so it's not a hatred thing, I just really dislike it as a stadium. I might change my mind when I go there next season though.

Ah you've gotta laugh

3 things.

1.Thanks for the info, Worsley.

2. Got a new Canon Camera this Week. Good timing or coincidence? Ready to go!

3. See below.

Slightly off topic.

Renaker now on site at Owen Street.(piling rig)

4 towers.

64 storey and 37 storey being built first.

Tallest is 200.5 metres tall.

The tallest residential tower outside London. And the first tower in any UK regional city to break the 200 metre mark.

If you want to follow the progess of the development, bookmark the link.

Renders taken from the planning application.

Link to the Design and access Statement below.

OW2.jpg

OW1.jpg

OW3.jpg

Picture by AC1 on SSC.

Nubkm_Ssh.jpg

Design and Access Statement.

http://www.publicaccess.manchester.gov.uk/associateddocs/selecteddoc.aspx?111719-dsx-0001.pdf

Back to topic.

Interesting JRB! I read a lot about planning permissions being granted for skyscrapers but they don't always get off the ground.

I think there is supposed to be another tower going up next to the Deansgate Metrolink / Deansgate Locks/Bars. Opposite the hacienda flats. Do you know if that is going ahead?

Pleased to hear suggestions that the North Stand is going to get redeveloped sooner rather than later. It had gone a bit quiet. A 60,000 plus ground will be brilliant!

The new Metrolink will be up and running soon. St Peters Sq which has been shut for what feels like a decade is coming on a lot. I really like the big building that's gone up opposite Central Library but it's been hidden a bit by all the construction work.

I am also looking forward to the first home game to see how the "walk up" to the ground has changed. The area looks a lot better than it used to.

I agree. 60,000 stadium sounds fantastic but the pictures I have seen make it look like an enormous bowl. Our ground is purpose built for football. There's only Wembley and the Emirates that can beat it, but if we go to 60,000 then our ground will be better than the Emirates. I am looking forward to seeing Anfield and West Ham, and the new Spurs ground in a season or two. We need to keep growing to keep ahead of our rivals. There was a time when I thought would we fill 62k, but now I am not sure that that is enough. Does depend on staying at the top, or very near it though.

They should put the shop and a museum into the stand like at Barca.

All that room in the South Stand is for corporate. 93:20 and Legends lounge.

A lot of space to fill up.

Barcelona's club shop isn't in the stadium/stand, the museum is, but the club shop is in a separate building outside.

You actually have to walk through it to get out of the stadium after the tour, quite ingenious in a slightly shady kind of manner.

Sounds like it - about two hours ago I asked someone one and they said that it has "totally come back to life" and something else that I cant say as it will compromise him. Think they went Laings to do it again as there are issues with warranties on roof and concrete if not. I would be shocked if works don't progress soon after xmas. Been told the souvenir shop is being relocated behind summerbees bar as well. That from 2 different good sources.

Is the other thing stadium related or campus related or something different

3 things.

1.Thanks for the info, Worsley.

2. Got a new Canon Camera this Week. Good timing or coincidence? Ready to go!

3. See below.

Slightly off topic.

Renaker now on site at Owen Street.(piling rig)

4 towers.

64 storey and 37 storey being built first.

Tallest is 200.5 metres tall.

The tallest residential tower outside London. And the first tower in any UK regional city to break the 200 metre mark.

If you want to follow the progess of the development, bookmark the link.

Renders taken from the planning application.

Link to the Design and access Statement below.

OW2.jpg

OW1.jpg

OW3.jpg

Picture by AC1 on SSC.

Nubkm_Ssh.jpg

Design and Access Statement.

http://www.publicaccess.manchester.gov.uk/associateddocs/selecteddoc.aspx?111719-dsx-0001.pdf

Back to topic.

Looks a big job jrb!!

We don't want to be left behind in capacity terms. I hope the new North Stand puts us at least ahead of Spurs.

New Spurs stadium will be finished 2018 or 2019 if delays, and will hold 61k.

West Ham will have 60k this season and potentially 67k the season after.

New Chelsea stadium is 60k as all but a few years off by the sound of it.

North Stand should add 6,750 to the capacity because there'll be no wastage for away supporters or extra isles around exec seats so we should get close to 62,000 and definitely over 61,000 - keep us in the top three!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.