Roberto Mancini - next Italy manager

Mancini definately slipped a couple of bluemooners wives a length, whenever a thread starts on him their straight in there

I suppose the other half letting slip "ohhhh Roberto" in her dreams could send a man a bit obsessed.

This is a City board after all. i think when your talking about someone who predicted he would "tear the banner down",gave us our first title for decades,beat utd 6-.1...beat utd to the title, signed yaya toure for just over 20m,stood up to fergie when he fancied trying to bully him,called out Nasri for turning his back on a last min crucial free kick v utd,played football from another planet at times(5-1 at spurs anyone?)..then i think other posters have the right to be a litttle "precious" as you call it.
Your view of Mancini,s managerial career ignores the fact that all managers get the sack eventually,usually after a good start at a club...it is normal.
My view of Mancini,s time at City is full of fond memories.

I can copy it for Pellegrini's achievement. Yet he would get half the plaudits. Think when your talking about someone who predicted he would "play for outscoring the opponent",gave us another title and league cup double,beat utd 4-1...beat utd 3-0 at their turf, signed KdB for just a record fee,was decent and an example to other managers how to behave,never turned on his players in public,played football from another planet at times(5-1 and 6-0 vs spurs as wel?)..then i think other posters have the right to be a litttle "precious" as you call it.
My view of Pellegrini is the same as Mancini ... full of fond memories.

I can copy it for Pellegrini's achievement. Yet he would get half the plaudits. Think when your talking about someone who predicted he would "play for outscoring the opponent",gave us another title and league cup double,beat utd 4-1...beat utd 3-0 at their turf, signed KdB for just a record fee,was decent and an example to other managers how to behave,never turned on his players in public,played football from another planet at times(5-1 and 6-0 vs spurs as wel?)..then i think other posters have the right to be a litttle "precious" as you call it.

The 150+ goals in a season plus never failing to get us out of the CL group stages rather than never getting past them.

the words "precious" were by another poster,i simply quoted them.
i could( like yourself) also make a similar case for Pellegrini, but as this is the Mancini thread..i wont.

The 150+ goals in a season plus never failing to get us out of the CL group stages rather than never getting past them.

WTF? The ECL groups Mancini got were unreal and we have never kicked on as a team since that title. He called it right and the last thing we need is a couple of dodgy Barca boys, who haven't a clue how to build a club. Its fairly easy to sell a monster of a club to any aspiring player, after the Sergio, KDB aside we haven't signed anyone of note and this window, despite all the happy clappers is no different.

WTF? The ECL groups Mancini got were unreal and we have never kicked on as a team since that title. He called it right and the last thing we need is a couple of dodgy Barca boys, who haven't a clue how to build a club. Its fairly easy to sell a monster of a club to any aspiring player, after the Sergio, KDB aside we haven't signed anyone of note and this window, despite all the happy clappers is no different.
And you`re just a wummer with your continued criticism of the Barca Boys on various threads.

I loved Bobby when he was here, contributed to the thanks in the paper etc, BUT there is no doubt in my mind that he has been an utterly divisive figure amongst our fan base. There are those who slate Txiki now whatever he does because they blame him for Mancini
getting sacked. Pellegrini never got the support he should have had from some of our fans who couldn't wait for it to go tits up to slate him etc. Mancini is similar to PEG he functions by attrition and it will almost always end in tears. I actually believe in retrospect (and I know I might get pelters for this )that in terms of what the owners wanted to achieve Pellegrini was the better manager.

And you`re just a wummer with your continued criticism of the Barca Boys on various threads.

OC, I will deliriously happy to be proven wrong, but I feel we have missed out on several top class players, while signing major lemons.

I loved Bobby when he was here, contributed to the thanks in the paper etc, BUT there is no doubt in my mind that he has been an utterly divisive figure amongst our fan base. There are those who slate Txiki now whatever he does because they blame him for Mancini
getting sacked. Pellegrini never got the support he should have had from some of our fans who couldn't wait for it to go tits up to slate him etc. Mancini is similar to PEG he functions by attrition and it will almost always end in tears. I actually believe in retrospect (and I know I might get pelters for this )that in terms of what the owners wanted to achieve Pellegrini was the better manager.

Well said. Yet both managers had to go at the right moment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.