Roberto Mancini - next Italy manager

The man is a city legend. Shit happens, but cant not love the guy for what he gave us

I loved Bobby when he was here, contributed to the thanks in the paper etc, BUT there is no doubt in my mind that he has been an utterly divisive figure amongst our fan base. There are those who slate Txiki now whatever he does because they blame him for Mancini
getting sacked. Pellegrini never got the support he should have had from some of our fans who couldn't wait for it to go tits up to slate him etc. Mancini is similar to PEG he functions by attrition and it will almost always end in tears. I actually believe in retrospect (and I know I might get pelters for this )that in terms of what the owners wanted to achieve Pellegrini was the better manager.
Mancini took us forwards from being a current Southampton/West Ham to being champions. Yes he dipped down to second in his final season, unfortunately. Pellegrini started from a far far higher starting point and did amazingly well in his first season but then took us backwards almost to the point where we were when Mancini took over despite spending £230+m and had us playing the worst football since the takeover by the end.

According to Russian sources, Mancini will be officially unveiled as Zenith Spb head coach next week, replacing Mircea Lucescu.

They wouldn't strengthen a Russian league contender I'm afraid (Axel Witsel was their DM the season before). It's actually hilarious that such players are still on CIty's books.
Nando is decent, just won't fit with what Guardiola is trying to do imo. Delph I'd probably keep if he could stay fit, but he can't. Bony? Never been the same since the Malaria, really should have just sold him last summer at whatever price.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.