Roberto Mancini - next Italy manager

Just watched premier league 2011/12 on sky 1 will always love Mancini for that season he's up there with Joe mercer for me best ever manager.

Pretty surprised how poorly he's done since leaving us. Obviously he's a prickly character so is prone to getting the sack if things aren't going well, but he showed more than enough for us that he's a good enough manager to not be getting into positions where being sacked is a possibility. Maybe all the money he had to spend here has spoilt him a bit because he does seem to have become one of those managers who's constantly complaining about the players he wants instead of concentrating on those he has? He also seems to have veered into being a very negative manager at Inter, when his best times for us were when he let the handbrake off a little. Hopefully he finds his way again at his next club

What the hell is wrong with what I wrote? Stop being precious!

Fact is he was backed with funds, Italy is a decent league and other than Juve the top teams are all equal. Milan have no stars, Napoli just buy and sell, Roma the same and Fiorentina play at the big time.

Mancini went in, got some backing, failed to achieve what was expected so was sacked. Rightfully I may add. Once again bemoaning lack of funds even though he was backed, once again failing to gain the maximum out of what he has. Always searching for this playet and that player, you must've forgot the tapping up of Yaya publicly, respect works both ways.
This is a City board after all. i think when your talking about someone who predicted he would "tear the banner down",gave us our first title for decades,beat utd 6-.1...beat utd to the title, signed yaya toure for just over 20m,stood up to fergie when he fancied trying to bully him,called out Nasri for turning his back on a last min crucial free kick v utd,played football from another planet at times(5-1 at spurs anyone?)..then i think other posters have the right to be a litttle "precious" as you call it.
Your view of Mancini,s managerial career ignores the fact that all managers get the sack eventually,usually after a good start at a club...it is normal.
My view of Mancini,s time at City is full of fond memories.

Last edited:
It was the 1-0, when the rags came for a draw and didn't have a shot on target.

All game.
Even better than that V70..fergie had taken his team to north wales in the days leading up to the game...thats right,out of their "home city" to escape the tension and nerves by being away from home, and to prepare properly for such a big game,escape the media and the pressure.Not before chris smallthing had shouted "City will crack"

What a waste of time that was slur alex.
No shot on target and a limp dick of a performance ...the pressure was too much for them,the game too big for them..too many memories of the 6-1 thrashing they got on their own ground a few months previously. we beat utd 7-1 on aggregate that title winning season ...made winning it on goal difference even better.lol.

This is a City board after all. i think when your talking about someone who predicted he would "tear the banner down",gave us our first title for decades,beat utd 6-....beat utd to the title, signed yaya toure for just over 20m,stood up to fergie when he fancied trying to bully him,called out Nasri for turning his back on a last min crucial free kick v utd,played football from another planet at times(5-1 at spurs anyone?)..then i think other posters have the right to be a litttle "precious" as you call it.
Your view of Mancinis managerial career ignores the fact that all managers get the sack eventually,usually well after a good start at a club...it is normal.
My view of Mancini,s time at City is full of fond memories.
wW1dH66.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.