Sergio Aguero - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't great tonight, but even the very best are entitled to an off night, especially when most of the team weren't at it.

Seemed a bit critical of the pitch in his post match tweet, but it looked OK to me considering the conditions. Obviously I wasn't playing it on it though!

We had chances to get ahead but it was a very complicated and unusual match in a difficult turf. Now, Sunday's on my mind. C'mon, City!

I interpreted the tweet as meaning Celtic Park and the atmosphere, rather than the actual pitch itself. Just not a like for like translation. IMO

I bet you he'll be really disappointed with himself after his performance last night. And i bet you he'll be wanting to rectify that at Spurs and he'll be determined to the hilt to perform well, and will!

People will think I'm wumming but I'm deadly serious. We used to have a go at fake Ronaldo for scoring hat-tricks against cannon fodder but not doing it when it mattered. Aguero's becoming the same sort of player but he doesn't even do anything when he's on the ball if he can't have a shot and needs to play a team-mate in.

He's been a great player for us but I'd get rid while he's got plenty of value and get someone like Suarez or Griezemann, who can make things happen when they're not shooting.

There were two moments last night when I realised he wasn't suited to the way we're playing. The first was in the first half, where we were on the break with three players in shot on the TV and he wasn't one of them. He was miles behind the play. The second was late in the second half when we were pressing Celtic on the edge of their box and he was about 3 yards offside, thereby taking himself out of the game when we most needed him.

People will think I'm wumming but I'm deadly serious. We used to have a go at fake Ronaldo for scoring hat-tricks against cannon fodder but not doing it when it mattered. Aguero's becoming the same sort of player but he doesn't even do anything when he's on the ball if he can't have a shot and needs to play a team-mate in.

He's been a great player for us but I'd get rid while he's got plenty of value and get someone like Suarez or Griezemann, who can make things happen when they're not shooting.

There were two moments last night when I realised he wasn't suited to the way we're playing. The first was in the first half, where we were on the break with three players in shot on the TV and he wasn't one of them. He was miles behind the play. The second was late in the second half when we were pressing Celtic on the edge of their box and he was about 3 yards offside, thereby taking himself out of the game when we most needed him.
You're not wumming because you've been critical of him for ages. Thankfully you're in the minority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.