Sergio Aguero - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has to find a way to participate in our build up more while still getting into the box. Our midfielders were starving for options today while being pressed and just didn't have enough forward passes available. It's great to run channels and pin the last man but he has to be available at times as well.

You're not wumming because you've been critical of him for ages. Thankfully you're in the minority.
I was in the minority when I was saying Hart wasn't good enough at this level but I was right. I've been saying for quite a while that Zab isn't good enough and I'm being proved right.

As much as we love these players, there's no room for sentiment at the level we're trying to reach.

People will think I'm wumming but I'm deadly serious. We used to have a go at fake Ronaldo for scoring hat-tricks against cannon fodder but not doing it when it mattered. Aguero's becoming the same sort of player but he doesn't even do anything when he's on the ball if he can't have a shot and needs to play a team-mate in.

He's been a great player for us but I'd get rid while he's got plenty of value and get someone like Suarez or Griezemann, who can make things happen when they're not shooting.

There were two moments last night when I realised he wasn't suited to the way we're playing. The first was in the first half, where we were on the break with three players in shot on the TV and he wasn't one of them. He was miles behind the play. The second was late in the second half when we were pressing Celtic on the edge of their box and he was about 3 yards offside, thereby taking himself out of the game when we most needed him.

I somewhat agree with what you are saying. My opinion of Aguero is that when he is at 100% he is the best player in the Prem by a country mile however I feel like in recent months I have witnessed a change in his game. I feel like he is becoming solely a box player, one that in this team will score goals for fun. For me he used to be sensational inside and outside of the area but these days he seems to add very little to any build up play. This might not be a bad thing when we are playing with one up front, I want to see him do damage in the box rather than dropping deep to to get involved with playing 5 yard square passes. If he stays fit he will score 30+ goals this season, I don't think we can complain about that.

I was in the minority when I was saying Hart wasn't good enough at this level but I was right. I've been saying for quite a while that Zab isn't good enough and I'm being proved right.

As much as we love these players, there's no room for sentiment at the level we're trying to reach.

I think Aguero is the best but I agree with you, at least partly & I think Pep does as well. He makes it sound like praise but Pep is telling Aguero to up his game in other areas. He'll work with him to do that.

But nobody should make the mistake of thinking Serge is guaranteed a start under Pep. He will have to take everything on board same as the others.

I was with you on Hart and agree with you with Zabba as a first team regular but similar to Kolarov a handy squad member for this season. I don't agree with you on this though. Using sentiment as an argument against Aguero is pretty wide of the mark, mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.